Senior Clinical Psychologist
Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Company: Royal Melbourne Hospital
Inner West Area Mental Health Service – RMH
Senior Clinical Psychologist
- Senior Clinical Psychologist IWAMHS Post Discharge Program
- Close proximity to Royal Melbourne Hospital
- 0.5 EFT Part Time working 40 hours per fortnight
- PSYCHOLOGIST GR3 YR1 (PL1) to GR3 Y4 (PL4)
The Inner West Area Mental Health Service – Royal Melbourne Hospital (IWAMHS – RMH) is committed to working with consumers during their recovery by offering holistic and evidence-based treatment, which is inclusive of family/carers and provided by clinicians with well-developed skills. Staff employed within the IWAMHS are expected to identify EB practice competencies and to use these in their clinical work
The IWAMHS Engage program was established in 2016 and aims to ensure that people who attend the Royal Melbourne Hospital (RMH) Emergency Department (ED) in a vulnerable mental state have effective mental health follow up, regardless of the presenting problem or their residential location.
- Capacity to work autonomously to lead processes that support review of referrals to the program.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team.
- Provide a high level of clinical expertise in the assessment, treatment and delivery of targeted brief interventions to consumers with complex mental health related needs, where possible including family and carers in decisions.
- Ability to problem solve in a complex and changing environment.
- Hold current registration with AHPRA
Our Commitment to you:
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- We have a commitment to training, education and CPD activities are fully supported.
- You will enjoy excellent work-life balance. We want you to stay long term!
- Monday to Friday roster with balanced Saturday rostering.
- Work alongside highly committed staff of the Post Discharge Program whilst providing compassionate and supportive care for people who have presented in mental health crisis.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
Sheran Kay, Team Leader Post Discharge Mental Health Support
Alex Smith, Manager RMH Ambulatory Mental Health Services
Enquiries: Sheran Kay
Applications Close: 22/09/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.