Senior Civil Engineer (Stormwater Flood Risk)
Job Location: Sydney North Shore & Northern Beaches
Employer: Royal HaskoningDHV
We are seeking a Senior Civil Engineer (Stormwater Flood Risk) to join our growing teams in either Sydney or Newcastle.
What do you do as a Senior Civil Engineer (Stormwater Flood Risk)
You will join our Water Management Team and provide specialist input to complex and exciting projects in Australia and the APAC region. We are looking for a high level of motivation, initiative and team working, but most importantly someone with the attitude and ambition to grow and develop in this role.
The projects that we work on are diverse and ever-changing, but often comprise investigation and design of flood mitigation (e.g. levees, detention basins), river restoration, foreshore and creek stabilisation, scour protection, WSUD, drainage and dam risk management.
- Initiate, manage and supervise Civil engineering projects, delivering to project requirements, and on time and within budget.
- Deliver discipline-specific Civil, Flooding, Stormwater Management and Design engineering services, that meet the Companyâ€™s, clients and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Consult and liaise with colleagues throughout Royal HaskoningDHV nationally and internationally in the Civil / Water Resources Engineering disciplines to share information, lessons learnt, innovative approaches to problem solving, and the like.
- Conduct appropriate investigations, studies, analyses, detailed design and documentation, and recommend actions.
- Provide technical advice to engineers from other disciplines and co-ordinate the activities of other engineers and designers.
- Prepare project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules;
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the disciplines required to deliver Civil and Water Resources engineering projects.
Where you will work
Weâ€™ve been around for more than 140 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organization of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have the ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners.
Haskoning Australia which is a company in Royal HaskoningDHV delivers tailor made engineering and scientific solutions to our clients across Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We are experts in the maritime, river, estuarine and coastal sectors, providing consultancy advice and civil and structural design services to clients in a number of sectors.
What you bring
The ideal candidate:
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the field of Rivers and Water Management
- Provide direction and advice on technical matters, teach and mentor others in the team
- Outward looking
- Proactively steers on ‘learning on the job’ opportunities and actively shares knowledge within the team.
- Member of a Professional Trade Body and actively working towards appropriate accreditation.
- Contributes towards improvement of existing products, services and market approach towards development of new concepts.
- Competency in a range of Water Resources Modelling Software, including WBNM, RAFTS, TUFLOW , 3Di, DRAINS, MUSIC, 12D. Competency in a range of Design, GIS and mapping software tools.
- Civil And/or Environmental Engineering Degree
- Highly effective technical and practical engineering skills in the relevant disciplines
- Provides direction and advice on technical matters, as appropriate
- Able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Awareness of financial and business targets
- Confident and Personable
- Team Player
- Independent thinker
- Good organisational skills
- Desirable: Post graduate qualification in civil/water resources engineering; Membership of Engineers Australia (or ability to become a member)
Qualification and Experience:
- Civil &/ or Environmental Engineering Degree
- Minimum 10 yearsâ€™ experience
Desirable: Post graduate qualifications / specialisation in civil / water resources engineering water resources, coastal processes
What we offer you
- Flexible working
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please kindly apply your profile via this link: https://royalhaskoningdhv.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/2338?c=royalhaskoningdhv
Royal HaskoningDHV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women and people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe workplace environment.
Royal HaskoningDHV will not accept unsolicited applications or phone calls from recruitment agencies.