Senior Business Development Manager – Enterprise and Government
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Optus Business Centre Sydney CBD
The purpose of this role is to effectively grow the company’s market share within the Enterprise and Government sector through the identification, development and execution of sales opportunities for Optus Enterprise.
The Senior BDM role is primarily focused on acquiring new Enterprise clients through a sound knowledge of Optus Enterprise’s value proposition. There will also be a requirement for managing a portfolio of Optus Enterprise clients that are identified as “whitespace” and are currently low-spending OE clients. The BDM will operate within a Sales Matrix structure and will be responsible for forming and leading a virtual team of cross-company resources, including partners, internal stakeholders, managing the sales opportunity process from qualification through to execution.
Key to the role is to develop and maintain high-level client relationships with CXO level (CEO, CIO, CFO, COO CDO). The role requires a strategic sales skills mindset with the ability to create and execute a sales strategy. As the “challenger” you will need to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills in addition to leading with an “insight” focus approach to ensure we maximise the opportunity to grow SingTel Optus’ penetration of their addressable New Mobile Fleets, Fixed Data, Voice business and ICT products.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge and work/industry experience:
- Highly experienced and commercially minded Deal Leaders who have extensive experience negotiating and closing highly complex Carriage and ICT deals domestically. At least 10 year’s experience in relationship/strategic selling in Telecommunications & ICT solutions
- Experience in managing key technical relationships and selling strategic business solutions that included ROI analysis
- Extensive experience in a relationship/strategic selling environment. This consultative experience should include experience in the development of long-term business relationships and the development of strategic business plans. This experience could be gained in other key industries, such as banking, insurance, government, retail or distribution
- Experience in developing and executing strategic sales plans
- Ability to identify and navigate complex organizational and political customer structures
- High levels of personal commitment and willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own actions
- Becomes involved in customers’ decision-making processes
- Leverages personal credibility and networking abilities
- Motivational and persuasiveness skills together with high-level interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive planning and administration skills
- Ability to enlist senior support to influence the desired outcome
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and effective listening skills
- High-level analytical capabilities
- The flexibility to meet the changing environments of both the marketplace and of Optus
- Proven history of working in a pro-active and entrepreneurial manner
- Strong team-working skills
- Highly skilled in driving customer satisfaction
- Results driven
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
- Siebel CRM(Smart), Windows
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/ KPIs
Key Result Areas:
- Achieve Financial Targets
- Achieve Specific Product Sales targets
- Build and maintain Customer engagement through the development of broad customer relationships, including senior management contact
- Ability to lead and manage virtual teams â€“ both across Optus Enterprise and partners with no direct report accountabilities
- Build overarching deal strategy and tactics to improve the commercial outcome for Optus by negotiating extended term, broader scope and higher-margin outcomes
- Professionally communicate with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure all parts of Optus are aligned with and supportive of your deal strategy
- Develop Deal Specific Opportunity Plans and facilitate Winlabs against all opportunities as required
- Produce accurate and complete documentation – maintain accurate and complete records and provide timely and accurate reports as required
- Maintain high sales activity levels to generate an effective qualified and pursuit opportunity pipeline.
- Maintain high sales activity levels to generate an effective opportunity pipeline.
- Develop executive customer relationships, covering all relevant contacts within the target customer account. Manage the involvement of all other Optus groups responsible for supporting the customer.
- Form effective teams from within Optus Enterprise and partners
- Increase market share in primarily core carriage as well as ICT, security, professional services, annuity and Cloud
- Provide clear and positive communication to all relevant Optus people to ensure that the customer’s needs are met. Maintain positive relationships.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of your pursuit customers and the opportunities you are working on
- Demonstrate appropriate knowledge of all relevant Optus forms and systems. Keep the system updated with all relevant data. Provide reports to management as required
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Attractive package with commissions, bonuses and incentives
- Huge earnings potential, career progression and a long-term opportunity
- Additional sales leads via inbound and outbound marketing campaigns
- Great work culture, friendly environment and conveniently located in the Sydney CBD
If this sounds like the ideal position for you, don’t delay as this is an immediate start. Click “Apply Now”.