Senior Business Banking Manager
Job Location: Melbourne
At NAB, it’s all about our people reaching their full potential. And in Business Banking that’s how we became ‘Australia’s Leading Business Bank’. As Australia’s largest business bank, we work with small, medium and large businesses to help them start, run and grow.
We are looking for someone who strives to achieve the best outcomes for our customers whilst having the drive and passion for Business Development and Acquisition. As an experienced Business Banking Manager, you will be required to source new business and build on existing customer relationships, sourcing effective referrals and lead generation. This opportunity will see you managing an existing diverse portfolio which is well positioned for growth. Whilst also being responsible for driving the growth of the portfolio, you will be imparting specialist advice and actively pursuing revenue growth from existing clients. Therefore, your ability to establish business and community networks along with your strong relationship building and interpersonal skills are essential to your success in this position.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Assessing economic value and risk potential of new business
- Preparing and submitting business lending proposals
- Maintaining and enhancing the credit risk profile and profitability of the portfolio
- Developing and implementing annual business plans for your customer portfolio
- Utilising a structured sales approach to build and leverage relationships with specialists to deepen customer advocacy
- Developing and improving professional excellence through the management of individual and team performance; and
- Leading, coaching and motivating direct reports
- Effective sourcing of new business relationships
- Superior networking and interpersonal skills
A relevant business-related qualification combined with prior experience managing a complex portfolio of clients will impress, but it’s your passion for customers, your will to win and tenacity that will ensure your success in this role.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia.
Please only apply if you meet the above skills and experiences. Please note Candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advert.
We value and embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we serve and that our thinking, solutions, and products are the best they can be.