Senior Business Analyst â€“ Cloud Enablement
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: WorkCover Queensland
A role with WorkCover Queensland is more than just a job, itâ€™s an opportunity to develop your career and make a real difference. Our vision is to be the best workersâ€™ compensation insurer and make a positive difference to peopleâ€™s lives. We bring together diverse talent and provide you with the opportunity to achieve your potential, add value to the meaningful work we do, and make WorkCover a truly inclusive place to work.
Assigned to projects in the role of Senior Business Analyst in the Digital Transformation Portfolio, this role will gather, document and analyse varying stages of business requirements, translate them into functional specifications for approval by project sponsor/stakeholders, and ensure compliance with the agreed methodology and WorkCoverâ€™s enterprise architecture.
Youâ€™ll contribute to:
- Develop business cases and High Level and Detailed Requirements Specification documents that provide key input into the selection of a suitable solution to deliver intent, business outcomes and stated benefits
- Partner with key WorkCover Queenslandâ€™s organisational stakeholders to understand business needs, gather information and analyse requirements to develop documents that accurately reflect stated issues and proposed improvements/benefits
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops, interviews and meetings and ensure the alignment of session objectives to outcomes
- Champion the adoption of best practice business analysis across the organisation.
- Review functional specifications and solution concepts developed by vendors that describe the desired outcomes of system development, integration or enhancement projects within agreed policies, standards and architectures to ensure solution fit to requirements
- Support the development of test strategies, plans, scripts and assist in IT test plans, where applicable, in conjunction with project team members.
A bit about you:
- Previous project experience with cloud computing working with Azure, AWS and Google cloud platforms
- Strong understanding Cloud cyber security and cloud design considerations
- Experience undertaking analysis, evaluation and translation of customer and enterprise requirements into detailed software requirements and supporting tasks
- Strong understanding of Cloud licensing models
- Extended experience in ITIL and Agile environments
A bit about us:
WorkCover Queensland has been providing workersâ€™ compensation insurance in Queensland for more than 20 years to more than 160,000 businesses.
Supporting Queensland workers and businesses is at the heart of everything we do. The most important thing for us is keeping Queenslanders working and we understand everyoneâ€™s needs are different by delivering valued experiences and tailored solutions. Our people are connected to purpose and weâ€™re creating an environment that inspires them to make a difference
Working in a collaborative team environment within a supportive and engaged organisation, youâ€™ll enjoy access to our health and wellbeing program, a variety of flexible work offerings (including part-time arrangements and purchased annual leave, you might even wish to work remote one day a week), learning and development opportunities (with study assistance and leave), salary packaging, voluntary super contributions, 14 weeks paid parental leave, and community initiatives to give back â€“ just to name a few.
How do I apply?
Please submit your resume and covering letter to Jo Dhillon, Recruitment Advisor with applications closing at 10am Friday 10 December 2021.