Senior Analyst – Controls Assurance
Job Location: Sydney Ryde & Macquarie Park
Attractive Salary, Incentives & Workplace Culture
It starts with yes
At Optus, we believe that our Amazing People are central to helping us achieve our vision to be Australiaâ€™s most loved everyday brand, with lasting customer relationships.
About your role
Reporting to the Manager, Controls Assurance, the overall objective of the Senior Analyst, Controls Assurance (CA) is to support Optus achieving its strategic, operational, financial, and compliance objectives through the performance of CA activities across Optus in line with the CA strategy and plan. You will also assist in ongoing management of the CA plan, coordination of CA activities and stakeholder management throughout the CA lifecycle.
Your core responsibilities –
- Assist in the development and planning of the CA program across Optus Consumer Australia;
- Work closely with stakeholders to enable proactive, transparent and effective assurance of the Optus Consumer control environment;
- Develop strong partnerships with SMEs throughout the Optus Consumer Australia business units and strong networks to assist in future CA activities;
- Apply a consistent methodology to perform CA activities to ensure quality outcomes for the business;
- Ensure gaps are captured and tracked through the existing issue management processes
- Work closely with the wider Business Risk Partnership team to ensure CA activities are communicated and transparent;
- Assist in the development and tracking of control indicators and attestations;
- Support the provision of CA reporting data to relevant risk forums and reporting processes; &
- Contribute to refinement of the control assurance process over time, identifying opportunities for improvement to achieve better outcomes.
Your essential ingredients for success …
- Undergraduate degree in Commerce, Economics, Finance, IT or similar discipline;
- Solid working experience to date gained within a reputable Enterprise domain focussed Line 1 / 2 Risk or audit function (Big 4 Consulting / Financial Services ideal);
- Understanding and experience in implementing risk and controls standards such as ISO31000, COBIT, ISO27001 and other industry frameworks;
- Strong working knowledge of control assessment (incl. design and operation), able to measure and prioritise risk mitigation strategies according to value matrixes;
- Ability to proactively organise and run workshops with stakeholders (SMEs) within the business;
- Advanced people collaboration skills with ability to deal with all levels of an organisation;
- Highly developed PC skills (including advanced MS Office), with well-rounded written, presentation and interpersonal skills; &
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, risk framework and commercial awareness / acumen.
As a provider of essential services across Australia, Optus has a critical role in the community through keeping our customers connected to the people they love and the things that matter. It is also our priority to ensure we provide our amazing people and our customers with a healthy and safe workplace environment. In light of the significant risks posed by COVID-19, Optus expects all workers to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by 1st December 2021 and will require vaccination for certain roles as well as access to Optus workplaces.
Please speak to us if you have any questions about this policy or how it impacts you, including any concerns you might have about meeting this requirement.
Optus is a place where we let you do you. Whether youâ€™ll be working in our corporate offices or in a retail store, we’re a highly collaborative workplace, and offer a range of perks such as a competitive salary, discounts on products and services, ongoing training, mentoring and development opportunities, plus up to five days of Volunteer Leave per year, and our Blended Ways of Working.
Curious about our culture? Go behind the scenes with our people by searching #OptusLife on LinkedIn.
Please no recruitment agencies, weâ€™ll be managing this role in-house. Any resumes submitted outside of our process will be deemed the sole property of Optus.
Please apply in confidence including your CV and cover letter via the online function.