Seeking Experienced Animal Attendant
EXPERIENCED ANIMAL ATTENDANT
Are you a friendly, energetic self-starter who takes pride in a spotless workplace, loves providing top notch customer service and has experience caring for animals in a professional setting? Then we need you!
Working at Blakehurst Vet is paw-some! You will be part of an inclusive, dynamic team caring for pets in a purpose-built hospital, delivering platinum service every time.
The successful applicant will enjoy interesting and varied work supporting our nurses.
- Reception (in person and on the phone)
- Booking appointments and providing basic pet care advice to customers
- General cleaning of clinic, pet hotel rooms and hospital cages
- Washing linen and cleaning equipment
- Monitoring the health of pets, communicating changes to veterinary staff and giving medication under the direction of a vet nurse
- Exercising dogs, washing and blow drying dogs and playing with cats
- Other duties as directed by nursing staff
This role is full time, five shifts across Monday to Saturday, however part time will be considered for the right person.
As part of a friendly, professional crew you will be a team player and take pride in ensuring our valued customers and their pets receive platinum service every time.
The successful applicant will:
- Be experienced in handling dogs and cats in a paid, professional environment
- Have outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Enjoy making sure animals are comfortable, clean and content
- Take pride in a clean and tidy workplace
- Be capable of working independently and efficiently
- Value honesty and loyalty and have a positive outlook
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please note, our staff are very busy at present, so please do not call or visit the vet hospital with your application. Applications only accepted through SEEK 🙂
Unfortunately, we cannot accept students looking for placements. However, junior vet nurses are encouraged to apply.