Scientist – Global Pathogen Safety
Location: Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Company: CSL Limited
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Scientist to join the Global Pathogen Safety (GPS) team at CSL Behring, Broadmeadows.
Under the guidance of Senior Scientist/Manager, you will:
- Participate in performing studies using blood borne human pathogens and model viruses that provide laboratory-based data and scientific support on pathogen safety related to the manufacturing of new or existing CSL Behring products.
- Work in Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment Biosecurity Containment level 2 & 3 laboratories.
- Assist in the implementation of Pathogen Safety strategies and objectives.
- Ensure compliance to GLP and GMP (where applicable).
- Assist in the preparation of Pathogen Safety study protocols and study reports.
Other Key Responsibilities Include:
- Contribute to the development and validation of scale-down laboratory models of steps used in GMP manufacture for pathogen (virus) clearance.
- Assist in preparation of laboratory related documentation including work instructions (WI) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Collaborate with other relevant functions across the global CSL organisation e.g., QC, Manufacturing as required.
- Assist in solving routine Pathogen Safety issues.
Skills and Experience:
- Tertiary qualification/degree in an appropriate scientific discipline
- Scientific creativity, critical thinking, fast learning capabilities
- Flexible and adaptable to rapidly developing and/or changing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Computer literate
- A Team Player – actively contributes to the team by completing tasks and meeting team objectives and goals.
- Established knowledge and hands-on experience with the following:
- Scale-down-modelling of Biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- Cell culture
- Protein Chemistry or another related specialised disciplines.
- Understanding of the principles of GMP, GLP and of laboratory safety
How to Apply:
Applications must address the selection criteria above and include a current CV and covering letter.
Applications close 10 October 2021.
Employment screening, including criminal history, medical assessment, confirmation of experience and stated qualifications, Australian working rights and other relevant checks form part of the candidate suitability