Restaurant Manager / Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Grill’d Healthy Burgers
Salaried role + bonus + free burgers
Grillâ€™d is so much more than just nutritious burgers; itâ€™s an experience â€“ made up of great ambiance and of course, brilliant customer service & hospitality. We now operate over 140 locally-minded restaurants around the country! Weâ€™re looking for an awesome Restaurant Managers and Assistant Restaurant Managers to join our teams across various CBD restaurants!
A day in the life of a Grillâ€™d Manager means youâ€™ll be:
- Leading, mentoring, and motivating your team members with regular meetings to share experiences and ideas.
- Working front of house, leading by example, cooking on the grill & chip stations, and helping out on the floor – We all work together as one team, you won’t just be sitting in the office doing admin.
- Working closely with our Area Managers to ensure the Restaurant is performing at a high standard.
- Recruiting and rostering a team of 30-50 employees.
- Completing performance reviews for your team members, supporting their development, and creating talent pipelines for team member promotions.
- Managing business financials including profit & loss, budgets, and KPIs.
- Working with local community groups on our Local Matters program.
What we look for?
- Passion â€“ You will be driven, self-motivated and bring a positive energy, seeing your team empowered to deliver â€˜wow momentsâ€™ to create loyal, raving fans.
- Leadership â€“ Youâ€™ll have previous experience leading a team in a fast-paced customer service environment and feel comfortable challenging the â€˜status quoâ€™.
- Ownership â€“ Resilience & perseverance are part of success. Youâ€™ll run your restaurant as if itâ€™s your own, knowing weâ€™ve always got your back when you need support!
- Trust – As a Grillâ€™d Manager you will be an inspiring leader who will create an environment of honesty & transparency and youâ€™ll keep your commitments.
- We offer an in-depth onboarding program, support you, and get you to where you want to be.
- Plenty of pathways to progress your career – Join our Support Office, become an Area Manager or Grillâ€™d Partner.
- Work-life balance â€“ our managers mostly stick to a standard working week. Thanks to our supportive team structure, there is no expectation for you to be on call on your day off!
- Eligibility for a company performance bonus. We have clear structures, systems, and achievable KPIs.
- Come to work and be yourself â€“ you donâ€™t have to fit in a box to work at Grillâ€™d, we like to push the boundaries.
- Work for a company that genuinely cares about the environment, sustainability & the community.
- We are growing rapidly and are in a stable position â€“ none of our managers took pay cuts during COVID lockdowns.
Weâ€™re a good company with a good soul. Check us out at www.grilld.com.au or on YouTube.
Apply Now to join the Grillâ€™d family. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a phone interview.
As part of the process, you will be required to undergo a National Police check and must have (and be able to maintain) full, ongoing working rights in Australia.