RESPIRATORY CLINIC NURSE POSITION AVAILABLE – Looking for RN or EN/EEN
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Dandenong West Medical Centre
A busy, stimulating and varied General Practice with a well-established history of quality, patient-centred healthcare. Based close to the heart of vibrant, multicultural Dandenong. We are a modern, purpose-built, GP-owned practice servicing a diverse population. We are looking for a nurse with exceptional skill of triage, respiratory care, wound care, health assessments, cold chain management, infecton control etc. For all enquiries, please email [email protected].
Qualifications & experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualification & registration certificate, AHPRA registration.
- Professional indemnity cover. Minimum of one years nursing experience, preferably in a community-based role. â€¢ Demonstrated understanding of the needs of general practice and interest in community-based nursing including patient education and health promotion.
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, Diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment & drugs.
- A nurse immuniser qualification would be highly regarded.
- DESIRABLE – Additional qualifications such as Accredited Womenâ€™s Health Certificate, Diabetes Education Certificate, Asthma/Spirometry qualification/education. Training or experience in Medicare item numbers & health funds. Competence in the use of relevant equipment & software
Tasks & responsibilities
- Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency, according to best available evidence. Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance. Duties include triage, immunisations and other injections; wound management, chronic disease management.
- Assist doctors with clinical procedures. Maintain clinical documentation.
- Assist with triage, data management, diagnostic services, networking with other providers, planning & management of patient care and patient advocacy
- Conduct preventative/screening procedures; assist with patient education and community health promotion activities.
- Co-ordinate patient recall and outreach programs and GP management plans and team care arrangement.
- Ensure maintenance of clinical equipment. Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration), removal of out-of-date stock and ordering supplies. Provide input in purchasing relevant clinical equipment and supplies.
- Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure business is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including infection control, sterilisation, hazardous materials & safe handling/disposal of medical waste, records management, OHS, and accreditation.
- Ensure relevant personnel are kept informed and changes are made to systems and procedures as required.
- Act within the practice and nursing code of ethics & appropriate level of clinical competence at all times. Maintain awareness of current evidence and research on clinical practices and inform/educate other practice staff.
- Change systems and procedures to ensure compliance with best available evidence as applicable. Consistently be aware of OHS requirements and comply with them.
- Knowledge of how to conduct COVID-19 tests would be highly regarded.
- A clear understanding of DHHS IPC protocols and how to implement them.
Terms of employment
We are offering a 6-month fixed contract; the practice will be open 7am – 11pm during this time. There will be a rotation between morning, afternoon and night shifts. All necessary entitlements will be included. Hours of work can be negotiated. Performance will be evaluated at the end of the contract for the possibility of further renewal.