Residential Personal Care Worker
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: Uniting Communities Incorporated
Uniting Communities is a leading, inclusive not-for profit community services organisation working alongside more than 80,000 South Australians each year to reduce inequality, improve wellbeing, overcome disadvantage, and support people to live the best lives they can. We value diversity and are committed to providing respectful, accessible services.
Our Aldersgate residential aged care facility at Felixstow has a great culture and supportive team and we have multiple opportunities available for qualified care workers.
About the role
We are looking for warm and responsive care workers to connect with our residents and family’s and to provide supportive care to our residents. The tasks you will be asked to complete will be varied and ultimately directed by the client designed care plan, however responsibilities may include:
- Providing personal care to residents such as bathing, showering, personal hygiene and grooming and assistance with meals and drinks
- Applying practices and promoting wellness and reablement to help older people improve their independence and quality of life
- Following care plans, observing and recording individual care notes
- Ensuring resident comfort and dignity at all times
The successful candidates will have:
- A Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support
- The ability to communicate and engage with a wide range of people
- A strong and ethical customer service approach
- Experience as a Care Worker in Aged Care will be highly regarded
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in a SA Health/health care setting.
About the Remuneration
The Salary range will be dependent on experience and/or qualifications. We provide generous salary packaging benefits that enable you to increase and maximise your take home salary. In addition, other available benefits include; paid maternity leave, early intervention Physio Program, and discounted private health insurance. Check out our benefits at www.unitingcommunities.org
Please attach a cover letter and a current resume including the names of two current referees.