Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Company: Royal Melbourne Hospital
Orygen Youth Health – Footscray
Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Ongoing Full Time position available
- Exciting Senior Nurse role in a new and emerging service – Orygen @ Home
- Partner with young people, families and carers to provide inpatient like care within the home environment
The Orygen @ HOME (HiTH – Hospital in the Home) is an addition to the acute services provided at Orygen. The HiTH program will partner with young people families and carers to provide inpatient like care within the home environment. Access to care is provided 24 hours a day 7 days per week by a multidisciplinary team of professionals completing shift work rosters ensuring comprehensive, collaborative and coordinated care.
The program will play a key role in the support and transition of young people and families between Orygen acute services (IPU and YAT), the continuing care teams and other services within Orygen and North Western Mental Health. Care will be in partnership with ongoing care providers and enable opportunities for targeted acute care interventions that can be completed within the home environment.
Your new role:
- Provide supervision to RPN3’s, graduate and undergraduate nurse’s and potentially other disciplines within Orygen @ HOME and the greater Orygen service.
- Provide leadership regarding physical health monitoring including diet, fluids, physical observations especially in relation to the initiation of and variations in treatment.
- Provide leadership regarding the provision of care in the home including H/V risk assessments and policies, assessment of risk in provision of care within the environment and risks to the young person, others, self and organisation.
- Demonstrate advanced skills in mental health, physical health and risk assessment, interventions, least restrictive practices and improved outcomes using evidence based best practice.
- Provide senior/advanced nursing values and leadership within the multidisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive experience in clinical practice within the mental health field, including young people experiencing mental health disorders
- Experience and expertise in providing case management
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate client-centred individual service plans, risk assessments and diagnostic formulations
- Capacity to provide, or develop skills in, integrated assessment, treatment and care for dual diagnosis clients
- Knowledge of the rationale and evidence for early intervention in mental illness
Our Commitment to you
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- We have a commitment to training, education and CPD activities are fully supported.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check and a Working with Children Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment prior to commencement.
Enquiries: Nicola Garland
Applications Close: 24/09/2021
To view the position description or submit your application please click the ‘Apply Now’ button below.