Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: St John Ambulance Australia (NSW)
To be a part of St John NSW is to be a part of something bigger – no matter what your job or role.
St John Ambulance Australia (N.S.W) currently partner with Sydney Trains to ensure rail safety for all, to assist Sydney Train customers who fall sick or are injured to help maintain the integrity of the Train timetables. We are currently seeking Registered Paramedics to assist with maintaining this safety at various Sydney Train Station locations.
About the Role
This role will require Registered Paramedics on a casual basis to be deployed at Sydney Train stations during peak travel times center around City Circle, North Shore to Hornsby/Strathfield. As a Registered Paramedic you will be responsible for monitoring, responding, and treating to any patients on the station platform.
Shifts are required across Monday to Friday. The hours are rostered across peak times 6-10am (morning) and 3-7pm (afternoon) during weekdays only.
We are flexible! You can choose to commit to your chosen shifts, for example, you can opt to do both shifts across Monday to Friday. You may choose to commit to 6-10am Monday to Friday OR 3-7pm Monday to Friday, or, one other example, you may want Monday to Wednesday 3pm-7pm â€“ the choice can be yours to balance your lifestyle and commitments.
- Providing health services to patients within clinical scope.
- Ensuring patient care recording and incident reporting is completed within allocated timeframes.
- Active surveillance and patrol of Sydney train stations, including risk mitigation, identifying and escalating safety hazards, and identifying and providing early intervention of vulnerable persons.
- Holding and answering the train station paramedic mobile phone.
- Following directions of Sydney Trains supervisors.
Our Candidate will have
- Minimum 1 year clinical experience as a Registered Paramedic
- Current unrestricted AHPRA Registration
- Current Working with Children Check and current Criminal Record Check
- Evidence of Category A Vaccinations or willing to obtain
- Ability to build trusting relationships in a short amount of time
- Ability to communicate as part of a team clearly and effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Focused on outstanding customer service.
How to Apply
If youâ€™d like to express interest, then click the APPLY NOW button with your CV and cover letter expressing why you are interested in the position.
St John Ambulance Australia (NSW) does not accept unsolicited calls from recruitment agencies.
“St John NSW cares about keeping children and young people safe. Protecting and promoting the emotional, physical, cultural, and spiritual wellbeing of children and young people is central to all aspects of the operations and culture of St John NSW. St John NSW commits to creating and maintaining an environment where members act in the best interest of children and young people and has zero tolerance to any form of abuse.”