Registered Nurse | Sub-acute
Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: St. Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne (Ltd)
- Permanent, part time opportunity
- Work for one of Australia’s leading hospital groups
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- East Melbourne location
Working as part of a team, you will be responsible for the delivery of high quality care through demonstrating a person care approach in all aspects of your daily nursing practice.
You will also:
- Document, observe and report relevant nursing findings about patients status and progress
- Liaise with patients, patient’s family, medical and multidisciplinary staff
- Assist and support change, implementing process improvements
- Participate in mentor/preceptorship programs of junior nursing staff
The classification for this position will range between YP3 – YP11 ($65,275 – $87,282 base salary per annum).
As a motivated, professional Registered Nurse, you will bring previous experience in sub-acute care and geriatric medicine to the role. Your exceptional communication and time management skills will see you effectively contribute to team outcomes in an interdisciplinary environment.
You will also have:
- Current Nursing Registration with AHPRA
- Current National Police check, or willing to obtain
What we offer
- Salary Packaging – Increase your take home pay!
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ability to join Fitness Passport – Your pass to an extensive choice of fitness facilities
- Staff Health Centre
- CBD Location, close to Public Transport and close to lots of car parks
- Discounts and Promotions always available through our Foundation
- Career development & advancement encouraged
- Culture of continuous improvement
About GEM Unit
The Geriatric Evaluation Management (GEM) Units are progressive and dynamic 30-bed (Kew) and 20-bed (East Melbourne) units specialising in the care of the older person. With an emphasis on person-centred care, our multi-disciplinary teams partner with consumers to optimise outcomes and preserve human dignity
Please attach your resume and cover letter to your application.
Shortlisting for this position will commence immediately. We encourage you to apply promptly as the advertisement may close early should a suitable applicant be sourced.
We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Inclusion is essential to our mission and diversity reflects the community we serve.
Please visit our website, for further information regarding our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment at SVHM.
SVHA has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings. You may therefore be required to undergo mandatory immunisations/vaccinations (including flu vaccinations).