Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: S.A. Health
- Statewide Clinical Support Services – SA Pathology
- Salary: RN-1 – $67,138 – $91,607 (pro rata)
- Permanent Part Time (25 hours per week)
Employees classified at this level provide nursing and/or midwifery services in health service settings. Employees working within this level develop from novice practitioners to a proficient level of professional practice. They consolidate knowledge and skills and develop in capability through continuous professional development and experience. An employee at this level accepts accountability for his or her own standards of nursing/midwifery care and for activities delegated to others.
- Practice competently, capably and professionally to meet and exceed the needs of the clients in delivering high quality and compassionate care.
- Contribute to the efficient operations of Patient Services by providing high level of customer service and care to patients during the course of duties: Phlebotomy, specimen collection, specimen management, management of Patient Centres and administration.
- Depth and understanding of discipline and area of practice developed over time to expert level.
- Able to be accountable and responsible for own work and that of other designations providing sound clinical governance with guidance and support.
- Deals with complex situations holistically, able to make confident decisions
- Provide clinical ability to assess individual client needs, plan, implement and coordinate appropriate service delivery from a range of accepted options.
- Participating in quality activities within the pathology setting.
- Continuing own professional development seeking learning opportunities.
- Contribute to procedures for effectively dealing with people exhibiting challenging behaviours
- Act as an advocate on behalf of the consumer
- Assess staff performance
- Contributes and assesses the efficiency and effectiveness of operations of the Phlebotomy Team.
Must be registered or eligible for registration as a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia and who holds, or who is eligible to hold, a current practicing certificate. Must have successful completion of the Certificate III in Pathology Specimen Collection or equivalent, or can demonstrate a high skill level in all aspects of venepuncture and specimen collection in current employment.
The South Australian public sector promotes diversity and flexible ways of working including part-time. Applicants are encouraged to discuss the flexible working arrangements for this role.
In addition to the annual salary package we also offer salary sacrifice benefits, employer superannuation contributions and leave loading.
Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Check and compliant Immunisation screening.
COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement under the Emergency Management (Healthcare Setting Workers Vaccination) (COVID-19) Directions 2021 to work in SA Health/health care setting.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply. Job ref: 778193
- Telephone: 0466 772 010
- Email: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
11.55 pm Friday 17 December 2021
778193 Registered Nurse Role Description.pdf