Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Company: Mater Group
About the role
The Mater Young Adult Health Centre Brisbane (MYAHCB) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join the team. One position will be fixed-term part-time until February 2022.
MYAHCB offers a specialised healthcare environment for patients predominately aged 16-25 and their families. Featuring innovative service models focused on the primary condition as well as the associated impacts on adolescent social, emotional, and educational development, the service will help patients and their families through transition from pediatric healthcare services into care during the young adult period and subsequent transition to adult services. At all times, the focus will be on providing a complete care package to meet the emotional and physical healthcare needs of the patient.
The comprehensive service will demonstrate excellence in the management of all adolescent and young adult patients where there is an identified need and an evidenced clinical benefit. In addition to managing patients with chronic and complex conditions such as Diabetes, Cystic Fibrosis, complex urology conditions, and Inflammatory Bowel Disease, the Mater Young Adult Health Service will deliver care across a broad spectrum of specialties including medical and surgical conditions and will at times flex up to include older adults to meet organisational needs.
This position will involve working 24/7 rotating rostered shifts including early, late, night and weekend shifts.
Salary range: $37.23-$47.84 (Registered Nurse Level 1) per hour plus superannuation
What you’ll be doing
As a MYAHCB Registered Nurse you will be responsible for following and supporting the Nurse Manager and Clinical Nurses in providing exceptional nursing functions within the service. You will also be required to participate in your own personal development and contribute to activities aimed at improving patient care outcomes within MYAHCB.
Whilst displaying the highest level of clinical standards for the unit, you will also be responsible for:
- Achieving optimal patient outcomes throughout the patient journey and continuum of care,
- Demonstrating exceptional clinical expertise and knowledge of procedures and the management of patients seeking outstanding care,
- Implementing strategies to ensure that quality and risk management are integrated into service provision.
You will be driven by a challenging yet rewarding environment where you can bring your energy and experience to this dynamic team of passionate nurses.
Other skills and experience include:
- Current AHPRA nursing registration as a Registered Nurse (no restrictions),
- Minimum 2 years postgraduate experience,
- An understanding of Young Adults and their healthcare needs,
- Ability to work in an ever-changing and fast paced environment,
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail and willingness to role model and promote the Mater values,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise with all levels of the multidisciplinary team,
- Demonstrated ability to operate both in a team environment and autonomously using initiative, sound reasoning and strong listening, negotiation and decision-making skills,
- Commitment to ensuring the levels of service is delivered to patients at all times.
Why join us?
In return for your skills, effort and enthusiastic commitment you will have the opportunity to work for an Australian leader in the field of Health, Education and Research and work with a team who make a real difference to the lives of our patients, consumers and community.
Mater provides benefits not offered in other workplaces. In addition to being part of a workplace that offers compassionate care in the spirit of the Sisters of Mercy, you will have opportunities to increase your take-home pay with our salary packaging options.
Closing date for applications is Friday 24th of September 2021.