Registered Nurse – Grade 2, Urgent Care Centre
Job Location: Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
Employer: Benalla Health
Position Status: Part-Time, Fixed Term 0.4 FTE
Classification: RN Grade 2 (YP2-YP9)
Have you got a background in urgent care and are looking to join a vibrant rural hospital?
The team here at Benalla Health are looking for a passionate Registered Nurse to join the Urgent Care Centre on a fixed term contract.
At Benalla Health, we offer a working environment that encourages professional development and embraces the concept of work/life balance, whilst striving for excellence.
- Provide high quality nursing care to patients and supervising specialist care delivered by other staff.
- Coordinate specialised aspects of care provided to patients on a daily basis.
- Counsel patients, provide health education – especially in relation to the speciality.
- Where appropriate, act as an advocate for patients and their families, ensuring their opinions are heard and their rights are respected.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Demonstrate well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate clear decision making processes.
- Knowledge and commitment to Quality Management and Accreditation processes.
- Possess knowledge of relevant legislation, particularly the National Health Reform, National Standards and Aged Care Standards.
- Demonstrate ability to delivery of excellent nursing care in accordance with Benalla Health philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and to work independently of others.
- An ability to represent as a patient advocate.
The successful applicant (upon appointment) will undergo a National Police Records Check and Working with Children’s Check for pre-employment safety screening purposes.
For more information regarding the role contact: David Briggs, Nurse Unit Manager – First Response on (03) 5761 4262.
Benalla Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong commitment to Child Safety. This includes establishing and maintaining child safe and child friendly environments.
Applications close at 11:59PM Friday the 24th of December 2021.
Please submit your application including a cover letter, resume, Key Selection Criteria found in the position description. Incomplete Applications will not be considered.