Registered Nurse – Endoscopy/Surgical
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: The Endoscopy Centre
About the business and the role
The Endoscopy Centre was founded 31 years ago to provide services to all, but especially to uninsured low income segment battlers. As a small business, accredited with ACHS, we started with offering endoscopy procedures and over the years have expanded to performing minor day surgical procedures.
We have two (2) centres in the western suburbs, Ascot Vale (Northwest Day Hospital) and Werribee (Westpoint Day Hospital). The Werribee Centre includes a NEW Central Surgical Sterilisation Department to allow us to provide numerous surgical services including urology & plastics.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a member of The Endoscopy Centre, the RN Div 1 nurse will provide direct patient care and assist with Surgical procedures within the parameters of:
- Relevant Day Hospital policies
- Scope of Practice
- Relevant ACORN, GENCA and Australian standards
- Level of education/training & competencies
- Legal requirements
To ensure the highest possible level of service is provided to each customer according to his or her needs without jeopardy to safety.
Formal Job Description provided upon request.
Skills and experience
- Mandatory: Division One Registered Nurse, current AHPRA registration and indemnity insurance.
- Mandatory: Recent private day hospital experience as an Endoscopy and/or Perioperative Nurse.
- Desirable: Recent Endoscopy and/or surgical experience
- Capabilities: Competency in Endoscopy, Theatre, Anaesthetics and/or Recovery nursing
- Personal Qualities: Team oriented with excellent communication skills
Job benefits and perks
Free onsite parking
Small friendly team
Opposite Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre- Werribee
Near HighPoint Shopping Centre- Ascot Vale