Registered Nurse – Day Procedure Unit
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Western Private Hospital
Part-Time | Min. 60 hours per fortnight
Western Private Hospital (WPH), services the West of Melbourne with the provision of acute services, has 70 inpatient beds and provides a broad mix of specialties including orthopaedics, vascular, plastics, urology, gynaecology, colorectal, cardiac, oncology and general surgery for both medical and surgical patients.
About the Role
Western Private Hospital is seeking a dynamic, energetic Registered Nurse to join our busy and dynamic Day Procedure Unit, on a permanent part-time 0.8 FTE basis (min. 60 hours per fortnight) with availability to work as part of a rotating roster Monday to Friday, with some weekend Saturday shifts available 1-2 times a month.
On shift, you will perform clinical duties with the support and guidance of the Nurse Unit Manager and Shift Leaders to ensure a high level of quality service is provided to our patients. This will directly involve the assessing, planning and delivery of care to those patients.
The successful candidate will have the following –
- Current AHPRA Registration, RN Division 1
- 3 years minimum in an acute care hospital environment and/or day surgery or theatre
- Extensive prior experience in pre and post-operative care of patients undergoing surgery
- Commitment to improvement and excellence in the delivery of patient care services
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work collaboratively and respectfully in a small team, both interdependently and independently
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise conflicting demands and manage time efficiently
- Flexibility to work varying hours depending on the operational needs of the hospital
- Excellent working knowledge of patient management systems (WebPAS preferred) & Microsoft Office
Benefits of Working at WPH include:
- Fantastic people and work culture with supportive management
- Job security working in an essential services industry
- On-the-job training and support
- Close proximity to public transport and subsidised car parking
- Access to a range of health & well-being initiatives, staff discounts and benefits
CLOSING DATE: 18th December 2021 (or earlier if position is filled)
Embrace the growth, opportunities and unique culture of WPH and apply today. We thank all applicants for their response and advise that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are looking to start as early as possible and will be interviewing suitable candidates as they apply.
Please submit your application, including cover letter, your resume and at least 2 current referees, for the above position via: [email protected]
For further inquiries about this role contact:
Nurse Unit Managers – Georgina Henry / Danielle Sutton – 03 9319 3138
All offers of employment are subject to those who have a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Card and evidence of Australian Residency or Full Working Rights in Australia.
It is a condition of employment to provide immunisation status for vaccine preventable infections as per the Health Services Amendment (Mandatory Vaccination of Healthcare Workers) Act 2020 – mandatory Influenza and two doses of COVID-19 vaccination.
We will not accept unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies/third parties and we will not be liable or responsible for any fees or costs associated with unsolicited CVs sent directly to line managers.
WPH is an equal opportunity employer and committed to ensuring a safe environment for children and young people. We encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds including but not limited to those from the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse and GLBTIQ community to apply.