Receptionist & Trainee Real Estate Agent with First National Bathurst
Our business has been growing steadily for many years, including through 2020. We are needing a full-time Receptionist to join our beautiful and busy office in Bathurst and progress, when you are ready, either to Sales or Property Management to become a successful real estate agent in your own right. This is an incredible opportunity to join a very stable yet exciting industry and to learn about real estate from an award-winning First National office right here in Bathurst.
To start you will be the public face or more often now ‘the voice’ of an incredibly successful business as our Receptionist. As time permits you will also be helping both our sales and Property Management teams with a variety of tasks to start learning about all sides of our business.
This may well be the best opportunity you will see in real estate if you wish to join our industry with enough time to learn the business thoroughly first. Plus from day one you will be part of the whirl and excitement of working with a busy team and having regular interaction with the public!
IS THIS YOU?
- Are you working in retail or hospitality, enjoying the interaction with the public but wanting a serious career with better long-term opportunities and greater earning potential? Or,
- You are already a receptionist or administrator wanting to work in a more dynamic industry or with a friendlier team. Or,
- Are you wanting a career in real estate but not ready to take on the workload of a real estate agent yet and still needing the security of a salary?
With our, well-organised systems and technology leadership at First National Bathurst, you will truly have the opportunity to become a skilled professional empowering your own career in the industry and enjoying your work.
WHO ARE WE, WHY JOIN US?
If you have had enough of the empty promises, the stories and the survival mentality of other agencies join the team at First National Bathurst and get your career moving. If you have dealt with property in Bathurst, you know how solid our reputation is.
Unlike many offices, we believe in teamwork and helping each other be our very best. If you are over the struggle and want to work in a supportive team that is ethical and efficient, where you can be rewarded for focusing on clients while we deliver on your promises with a first-class team.
Taking over the business in 2009 as joint directors are Jacinta and Ken Purvis. Returning to their rural roots to raise their children they have focused on creating a sustainable business that maximises available technology to provide a consistently high level of service to homeowners, buyers and tenants alike.
Jacinta is our Principal and sales leader. Ken is concerned with managing the support and Property Management staff and this role will report to him. Together they have researched and tested every emerging technology and compared an impressive list of providers to settle on the systems they believe give the best results in the most practical way possible. In choosing the systems they have considered both the ease of use for staff and functionality.
Our rent roll
We have one of the largest property rent rolls in the region. This is important as it demonstrates our reputation in the marketplace. You don’t build big rent rolls without a well-run business maintaining a first-class reputation. We currently have over 800 properties under our management.
Structured training program
We have a proven structured training plan with significant training resources.
Firstly you will need to complete the NSW Real Estate Certificate of Registration. We will support you both financially and with coaching as soon as you start as you will need this to answer property-specific enquires as well as to later transition to being a Sales or Property Management agent.
You will start training with Ken on our administrative and marketing systems so that you know where to find answers to the wide variety of enquiries that come through our office number. Then for a deeper understanding of our Property Management systems, you will be guided by the head of Property Management Grace McAulley. Grace will explain every step of our procedures and software in a systematic way giving you plenty of time to build skills and confidence.
That’s how we build long-term careers at First National in Bathurst!
SO WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN YOU?
- You are a current or returning resident of the Bathurst area. Ideally, you are within a 30-minute drive from our office. Local knowledge also is helpful.
- You have a driver’s license P’s are OK. You can use one of our cars while working as a receptionist if you need to run errands for the business.
- A mix of sales, communication and systems abilities with a practical mature attitude to work. How can you know if this could be you? As part of our commitment to technology and best of breed systems, we are using a staff pre-selection service called Sales Inventory Profile which can identify these attributes regardless of your age or work history. We want you to be confident that if we offer you the job it will suit you and you will become really good at it.
So if you would like to talk to us about your future please follow the instructions below. Applying through SEEK is not enough.
HOW TO APPLY:
Go to www.salesinventoryprofile.com at the bottom left of the home page and register at BOX 1 and type in (copy and paste does not always work) the PRK code following:
Follow the on-screen prompts and complete the questionnaire. AFTER completing the questionnaire at SIP upload your résumé (CV) and cover letter. In your cover letter share with us your career aspirations and vision for success in real estate.
If you have a strong vision for yourself in Real Estate…
…we have the professional environment to realise your success!