Job Location: Blue Mountains & Central West
Employer: Redpath Mining
About the Project
The Redpath Group is a leading mining contractor with projects throughout Australia and the globe.
Redpath Australia Raisebore division are extending the ventilation systems at Newcrest Mining Limitedâ€™s Cadia Valley operations in Orange, NSW.
This project will involve three large Redbore Rigs contracted for 8 holes, totalling 5.3km. This will be completed on the surface and underground at Cadia.
This is a long term Raisebore project that rides on the back of three successful raisebore programs previously at Cadia.
Redpath will provide FIFO or DIDO options within NSW, with camp accommodation in Orange.
This is an opportunity to further your career in underground mining with a global mining company with many projects around Australia.
The role involves
- Working a 2 & 1 roster, 12hr shifts
- Operating the Raisebore drills in a safe & efficient manner
- Ensure ground support is installed
- Carry out rod changes when required
We are looking for
- Previous experience with big hole raise drilling is essential
- Sound knowledge and experience in underground mining
- Mechanical knowledge is desired
- Valid manual drivers licence
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate
- National Police clearance within last 6 months advantageous
- A positive work ethic and attitude in keeping with Redpath’s motto, Consider it done â€” safely.
In return you can expect
- Career paths through internal promotions
- Competitive hourly rate with annual leave, sick leave
- PPE provided
- Business improvement and innovation rewards
How to Apply
As an equal opportunity employer, Redpath is sensitive to the importance of diversity in the workplace and supports this through a work environment committed to gender equality and cultural diversity. We welcome applications from candidates willing to join a collaborative team and encourage women & Indigenous people to apply.
We will be shortlisting for this position immediately, so you can apply for this great opportunity by simply clicking on the ‘apply’ button below or by visiting our website.