Radio Communications Technician – NSW
Job Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Organization: Radlink Communications
About the business
Radlink Communications is an Australian owned business formed in 2007.
We have offices in Perth WA, Brisbane QLD, Mackay QLD, Adelaide SA, Melbourne VIC, Castlemaine VIC Newman WA and Newcastle NSW.
Our team of over 270 staff is experienced in the design, supply, installation, commissioning, integration and support of two-way radio, wireless, fibre, power and wide are communications solutions.
The professionalism of our dedicated team, commitment to excellence and continual improvement has seen our client base grow with a large upcoming project in the Hunter Valley. Radlink Communications is proud of being independent, and continually monitors the technology market to provide the right products and technologies for each individual client requirement.
The Radlink Communications point of difference is reflected through our commitment and dedication in exploring the ever changing radio communications market; always keeping abreast of technologies and product capability that are aligned with the needs of our clients.
Radlink Communications pride them selves on providing training and invests heavily in further development for its entire work force. Training will be provided to the right candidate for cabling courses, rigging, first aid, tower rescue if not already accredited.
About the role
- Assist with the support of wireless communications systems solutions.
- Provide programming, installation, service and maintenance services as required
- Adhere to Radlink Communications comprehensive management system as part of the ISO and OSHAS certification.
- Availability for travel for work purposes on a swing roster for project work
Benefits and perks
Candidates who have previous experience in the Wireless Communications industry focusing on mining would be advantageous. This remuneration package will be scaled to match the value of this experience.
All successful candidates will be required to undertake a full medical.
Skills and experience
- Possess relevant technical qualifications in electronics and radio communications.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as part of a national team- Travel to site, for build and service is integral to this position.
- Have a broad technical and industry experience, with a particular passion for Digital Radio Communications systems integration.
- Knowledge of TETRA, LTE/Mesh, P25, DMR and experience in the natural resources industry, or natural resources services industry is an advantage
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter with the following values,
- Can-do approach to getting the job done safely and efficiently.
- Integrity through independence.
- Quality to the highest possible standards.