Quality Engineer (integration)
Job Location: Brisbane
Employer: EnergyAustralia Services Pty Ltd
About the role
EnergyAustralia is currently transforming and shaping the way we provide customer service to all our customers. As such we are seeking experienced Quality Engineers for a 12-month contract (with possible extensions). Our Quality Engineers (QE) as part of the multi- disciplinary team contribute to the quality delivery of customer technology solutions.
This is a hands-on role where you will be able to use your breath of technical skills within our established (Integration) squads. The QE creates and executes test scripts, automates tests, supports usability testing & acceptance test, and manages test environments and test data.
We are seeking individuals with board-based experience in all elements of Quality Engineering practices, Automation, and Integration testing. Energy Australia is focused on quality delivery throughout the software delivery chain and automatically executing those tests, aligning with our continuous delivery process. We are focused on enabling our teams to deliver quality outcomes by taking an automation first approach to quality.
Several of your tasks will include but not limited to:
- Contributing to PI Planning and Backlog grooming
- Estimating effort for each scoped item, aligning automation suites to acceptance criteria
- Experienced with requirement Review and Analysis, Solution Assessment and Validation, Functional Analysis
- Design and optimise scripts to ensure automation assets currency and re-usability across sprints
- Attend & contribute to stand ups, liaising with product owners, developers, and analyst
- Perform code coverage analysis
- Conduct analysis checks on product specifications
- Ensure delivery traceability of each scoped items
- Authoring automated tests and creating test data
- Troubleshooting quality issues and modifying test procedures.
- Ensure best practices are maintained during the scripts design, execution and when reporting bugs
- Report on test delivery status to the squad, tracking and reporting quality metrics.
- Keeping abreast of innovations in engineering and tools
- Identifying and implementing continuous improvements
- Experience in Agile software development practices and tools including Jira, Zephyr & Confluence
- Experienced explaining quality engineering concepts to Product Owners and Technical Stakeholders to determine quality assurance parameters for delivery You are an experienced Quality Engineer or Software Development Engineer in Test (SDETs) with full stack experience.
- You will have the skills and experience to deliver quality engineering excellence across the solution value chain.
- Have strong development and automation skills
Technical Experience we are seeking for this assignment are
- Experience building / enhancing automation framework for API testing
- Hands on experience in creating Python-based test automation frameworks
- Proven experience in tools such as Python / Pi Test
- Demonstrated experience developing automated solutions for DevOps and continuous integration pipelines (Azure DevOps is preferred)
- Experience building / enhancing automation for API layer, using mocking frameworks for backend systems (RestAssured) and experience testing SaaS clients is highly regarded
- Good communication skills as role will require coordination of environments / data from source systems and some meetings with Business SMEs
- Security, performance, and contract testing experience desired.
- 12-month contract â€“ date rate (potential extension)
- Flexible working arrangements – flex location, place, and times
- Coding test will be requested as part of the hiring process
If you share our passion for making customers a priority, doing the right thing, leading change and want to be part of an organisation focused on making a positive impact, click the ‘Applyâ€™ button to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Katie Le Page via email [email protected]
Please note, the Covid-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions issued by the Victorian Acting Chief Health Officer on 7 October 2021, apply to all Victorian EnergyAustralia workers. Consequently, offers of employment for Victorian EnergyAustralia roles are conditional upon the successful candidate/s being either partially vaccinated for Covid-19 (with a second vaccination booked prior to 26 November 2021), fully vaccinated for Covid-19, or having a recognised medical exemption at the time of offer and providing satisfactory evidence of the same.
Weâ€™re committed to providing an inclusive culture so our employees can bring their whole selves to work and have a sense of belonging. From our PRISM network that creates a positive culture for LGBTI employees to our Reconciliation Action Plan that has commitments to strengthen relationships with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and organisations, itâ€™s a workplace where everyoneâ€™s welcome