QA Automation Engineer (Python)
Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
When you work at Nasdaq, youâ€™re working for more open and transparent markets so that more people can access opportunities. Connections can be made, jobs can be created, and communities can thrive. We want all our employees to have access to opportunity, too. That means planning for career growth, ensuring you have the tools you need, and promoting an inclusive culture where weâ€™re all valued for our unique perspective.
Here, you will work for a global tech leader committed to breaking down barriers to inclusive prosperity. We see technology as a means to free people up to work together more productively and effectively by centralizing data, analytics, and market intelligence.
Here, weâ€™re committed to building a more diverse and inclusive workforce. Not only is it our responsibility to do better, but we also need representative voices to power the fresh thinking that is vital for our business and our clients.
What We Offer
Our Global Technology SMARTS Surveillance technology powers surveillance and compliance for over 40 marketplaces, 11 regulators and 100 market participants across 65 markets globally. Scalable to millions of transactions and flexible to manage a number of unique data sources, SMARTS Surveillance holistically examines scenarios across multiple venues and asset classes.
As part of our growth, we are currently seeking a QA Automation Engineer who is a strong Back End/Server Side Software Tester to join our SMARTS STS Team. In this role, you will assist with implementing and executing dynamic test cases, testing prototypes, testing new products, testing maintenance releases, researching and assuring quality to aid the implementation of our global leading systems.
You can expect an autonomous but fast-paced work environment where you are recognized for your results and ability to drive things forward. Every day brings many opportunities to learn and grow and rewards with a global impact we create.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary package, incredible private health insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid annual and parental leave, gym sponsorship and more.
What You Will Do
- Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, and debugs software solutions
- Conducts a range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that all problems are resolved and that software meets or exceeds specified standards, development specifications or client requirements
- Documents and proposes for approval the release engineering procedures, so that the process can continually be reviewed and improved
- Collects and analyzes process data to make recommendations on improved business practices and procedures
What We Expect
- A minimum 5 years of experience as a Server Side Tester with strong back end testing knowledge and proven track record of using UNIX/Linux command line tools and regular expression (grep, sed, perl, awk, etc.)
- Commercial experience with Linux based scripting languages, such as Bash and Python
- Good communication skills, with excellent ability to question vague requirements and be comfortable in presenting testing strategies in front of any audience
- Analytical skills with a structured approach, a great teammate and someone who has a goal for improving business best practices and a passion for problem solving
What Would Be Helpful
- Experience in developing and maintaining testing tools/framework to be used by the broader team
- Experience in testing application/service hosted in AWS
Does it sound like you?
Please follow through by clicking the â€œApplyâ€ link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon. In the meantime, please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Come as You Are
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.