Psychologist and Provisional Psychologist
Job Location: Melbourne Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Early Start Australia
Early Start Australia is a national multidisciplinary allied health organisation committed to delivering evidence-based early intervention and therapy services to children and their families.
As an organisation Early Start Australia prioritises building a fantastic team culture and working with children and their families to make a real difference to everyday lives of our clients.
We are looking for a passionate Psychologist and a Provisional Psychologist to join newly expanded Hawthorn Early Intervention Therapy Centre team on a full-time time basis from January 2022. Part-time may be considered for the right applicant. You would be joining a trans-disciplinary early intervention team working with autistic toddlers and children with developmental, social and behavioural needs up to 8 years of age. In particular, our morning therapy program leads the way in evidence-based early intervention following the Early Start Denver Model within a team of psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, behaviour analysts, educators and early intervention therapists. With varied work including assessment, direct intervention and parent support, this is an exciting role for an enthusiastic provisional psychologist. Both internal and external supervision may be provided as well as case consultations and extensive professional development. This role provides a mixed caseload within a morning developmental program and also a general paediatric caseload.
What We Offer You
- Comprehensive initial training and ongoing professional development to help both you and your students reach full potential.
- A framework and supportive environment to provide the best possible client outcomes through supervision, case conferencing, team training & access to internal Clinical Leaders.
- Career development
- Staff benefits include competitive salary individual professional development budgets, EAP program and access to Employment Hero; a discount marketplace with hundreds of products at reduced prices from groceries to movie tickets.
- To assess and guide developmental goals for children identified on the autism spectrum or with developmental delay (social, communication, cognition) in both a group and individual settings;
- To provide early intervention and therapy services to support children and families;
- To administer early intervention therapy following the principles of the Early Start Denver Model (ESDM);
- To monitor, evaluate and review progress by entering daily data on therapy plan;
- To work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team to provide holistic therapy programs, for children on the autism spectrum and with developmental needs;
- Centre-based and Community-based services;
- Conducting standardized clinical assessments, cognitive and diagnostic assessments;
- Providing information, education and support to clients and families to support informed decision making on priorities for intervention;
- Providing therapy interventions and resources to clients and families that match evidence-based practice to individual/family goals, values and preferences for service provision;
- Reviewing progress formally in collaboration with individuals and families to celebrate achievement, obtain feedback on services provided and set new priorities;
- Support inclusion and participation for clients in community activities and upskilling educational settings;
- To work closely with key stakeholders and ensure ongoing communication, leadership and support are provided to deliver quality services and supports;
- To ensure a focus on continuous improvement through regular evaluation, training and review.
What Do I Need to Join?
- Passion about making a difference in the lives of children and their families;
- Diverse communication skills in order to build rapport with clients & families, making therapy fun & engaging!
- Effective time management and attention to detail;
- Experience working with children and/or disability;
- Willingness to learn the Early Start Denver Model and professional development activities;
- Ability to work within a trans-disciplinary team and ability to work autonomously;
- Compliance – degree in psychology and provisional registration with AHPRA, Working with Children Check, National Police Check, First Aid Training, Driverâ€™s License & NDIS Worker Screening Check
***Closing date is not applicable, candidates are encouraged to apply without delay***
Early Start Australia places a high priority on the principles of respect, equity and diversity. As an employer of choice, we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.