Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Rizzani de Eccher Australia Pty Ltd
$85,000 – $89,999
PROPOSAL COORDINATORâ€“ RdE AUSTRALIA (CORPORATE)
Overview of position:
Rizzani de Eccher Australia Pty Ltd, in combination and coordination with the world-leader sister company DEAL S.r.l., is currently actively engaged in tender opportunities and ongoing project developments in Perth (WA) and Brisbane (QLD), mainly through initiatives with scopes that have a very high technical and technological content in the specialised bridge and viaduct engineering.
The intention is to assist the site works of this initiatives and progressively expand on these opportunities to develop a stable Australian technical and tender office (initially in Perth or in Brisbane), with future continuous engagement and employment of local engineers under the guidance of an experienced and specialized Design Coordinator, who in turn needs to be able, from time to time on an as-needed basis and together with his team, to also assist specific site operations on relevant projects.
- Work closely with the structural designers and the other consultants to determine the best construction methods and assess the impacts of these methods onto the final design (i.e. pre-cambers, temporary works, transient conditions, splicing, etc.), including participating actively in the Safety In Design (SID) sessions
- Develop the construction stage drawings to the level required to produce Method Statements, Work Procedures, logistic drawings, temporary works preliminary designs, access to workplaces, transportations, etc. as the case may be depending on the project opportunity
- In close coordination with the RdE Australia Director and Business Development Manager, liaise specifically with sister companies DEAL (Design/Engineering HQ Department) and Tensa (Post-Tensioning supplier) during the design development of any engineering solutions, specialized equipment, temporary works, etc. for complex bridge constructions as follows:
- Meetings with Clients and/or site visits to the projects
- Constructability and Safety reviews of the design
- Liaison with local Suppliers for the availability of material, equipment and ability to assist and develop the site works
- Review work methodologies, construction sequences, Bill of Quantities (BOQ), access, special lifts and temporary works for constant improvement and monitoring of Safety, while providing any associated feedback to Designers, including coordination for Temporary Works design and their possible impact on the Permanent Works design (particularly for temporary loads and transient static and dynamic conditions)
- Help the Tender or Project Team with the preparation of drawings, documentation and Method Statements in accordance with Design Specs, Technical Requirements and Project or Tender Specifics
- Specialized and internal review of DEAL Equipment, Tensa PT, Temporary Works and any local 3rd party design reviews to help with final sign-offs
- Independent review of the permanent works design (on as-needed basis) to ensure suitability to the intended construction process, alignment with the specialized engineering and equipment solutions, and consistency with the BOQ
- Management of local Graduates or Technical / Site Engineers to assist with the tasks described above and support Rizzani de Eccher Australiaâ€™s business
- Regular attendance and support to WHS and Environmental activities and initiatives, such as pre-start, toolbox, site walks, various KPIâ€™s, etc.
- Monitor in coordination with the Director and Business Development Manager the timeline and the associated resources required for tender submissions, quotes, presentations, meetings and any other technical initiative for any project development in Australia
- Coordinate regularly and proactively with Project Engineers, Site Engineers and Supervisors on the specific project sites for any item related to technical resolutions of RFIâ€™s, TQâ€™s or sign-off of Design, Engineering and Quality documentation (as the case may be)
- Support RdE Corporate office in Australia, in coordination with RdE Tender HQ and relevant procedures, with local technical trainings and support of tender initiatives in the specialized niche area of the complex bridge design, engineering and construction
Must have a great and deep understanding of design and civil engineering processes, specifically including temporary works and bridge structures.
Must have specific expertise on complex concrete and steel bridge structures including post-tensioning and cables, narrow and constrained sites, specialized and innovative lifting equipment and possibly experience working on similar infrastructure projects in Australia.
Mandatory efficient use of AutoCAD and Excel, with preference also for understanding and proficient utilization of FEM software, Tekla and/or BIM.
Bachelor and Master Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering and at least 5 years relevant experience in technical offices and/or sites (with a combination preferred).