PROJECT MANAGER South Eastern Suburbs
Job Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Unique Building Services
Unique Building Services are proudly Australia’s longest standing first panel appointed, leading Insurance and Restoration Builder is seeking two new team members to manage projects in Melbourneâ€™s Western and South Eastern suburbs.
Project Managers are responsible, accountable, and autonomous, yet work closely with the Project Coordinators, and have back-office support from our Project Administrators. Project Managers are accomplished communicators, acting as the prime conduit for keeping all stakeholders, including internal claims administrators, consultants, local authorities, surveyors, builders, sub-contractors, property owners and insurance companies abreast of relevant pieces of information to ensure that information flows do not fail causing undue delays, issues or failures in relation to completing required works on time, within budget and in accordance with all regulations and compliance requirements.
In every aspect of our business, exceeding customer expectations in terms of conduct and deliverables underpins everything that we do. All our divisions work within strict guidelines governed by policy and our main clients fluctuating priorities and limitations. KPIâ€™s govern everything we do. We are an industry leading, progressive specialist builder, focussed on growing our business through the exceptionally talented people we employ, and the raving fans created because of ensuring we deliver on our commitments and never forget why we do what we do.
General Responsibilities of the role include:
- The appointing and supervision of sub-contractors and trades and making recommendations on repair processes, methodologies, and materials
- Procuring quotations
- Maintaining current knowledge on materials, availability, pricing fluctuations and new and emerging trends and technologies
- Ensuring all files and documentation is always maintained with accurate notes and details on all claim / project activities and updating all independent insurer platforms in accordance with KPI’s.
- Liaising with insurance company team members, and managers, internal and external assessors, insureds, 3rd party service providers, governing bodies, and internal support staff
- Tracking work progress – running Gantt charts, controlling costs, and efficiencies through maximising the utilisation of our available resources and trades.,
- On -Site Inspections and audits
- Risk and safety compliance and monitoring
- Monitoring of scope of works and submitting variations for approval outside of authority limit.
- Providing regular and consistent feedback through logs on scope and assessment issues or gaps, focussed on a chain of continuous improvement rather than blame or excuses
- It is an essential part of the maintain relationships, bridge gaps, overcome conflicts and control the dialogue expectations and deliverables required from all parties, including insureds and insurers. SPMs are the first port of call in the complaints and grievances management process
- Possessing intimate and solid working knowledge of all relevant building codes, regulations, legislation, acts etc
- Competent and well versed in WHS systems, processes, and standards on-site
To be considered for this role you will need to:
- Have thorough residential construction knowledge gained proactively through hands on experience and training
- Qualifications in relevant trade, engineering and/or Project Management with minimum 2 years recent experience where your role was primarily off the tools.
- Possess exceptional people skills and be pedantic about customer experience
- Be technically competent and proficient in interpreting and bringing together all working parts and components of the projects, with demonstrated competency around planning, scheduling, responding to changes and unforeseen circumstances and obstacles, ensuring achievement of KPI’s and time / cost deliverables are not compromised in any event unless exceptional circumstances arise.
- Review all completed files and prepare gap analysis and identification report on all where required cost or timeframe or service standard has not met to identify and avoid repeating patterns and sharing learnings with other team members so in our collective intelligence, we all grow together.
- e analytical with strong attention to detail
- Be efficient with your time management
- Have good computer literacy, in particular Project based software including Gantt charts, Excel, and Scheduler with demonstrated administrative and organisational skills
- Hold required licences and certifications as set by building authorities or be willing to undertake further training to acquire – ie: Cert IV Building & Construction
- Be self-motivated and able to use your initiative
- Current working with children checks & police check
- Current valid driverâ€™s licence and provide demerit point report
We are an organisation that highly values our people. We support and encourage your growth both personally and professionally. We trust that you are capable, accountable and achievement oriented. Team members are provided with all the tools they require for success. In addition to a great team environment and industry competitive salary, you will be provided either a FMCV (a little short on supply at present globally) or equivalent MV allowance, e-tag, mobile phone, tablet, and uniform, EAP, peer to peer reward and recognition platform, and so much more. A familiar understanding or working knowledge of insurance processes and policies is highly regarded, however certainly not a deterrent and can be trained and provided.,
It is essential that you have outstanding written and verbal, grammatical and overall communication skills coupled with the comfort and ability to provide authoritative advice and directions to internal and external parties.
Flexible work structure with SPM’s equipped for mobility, maximum efficiency, and site presenteeism.
Do you possess a professional work ethic and attitude; have a neat appearance and the ability to work with others? Are you self-motivated and confident working independently as well as motivated by being part of a close knit, high performing, fast paced team?
If this role sound like the next career step for you, apply now and send your resume and cover letter as rare opportunities such as this don’t last, so apply now by sending your resume and cover letter, highlighting why you should be the one to [email protected].
We hire the best, we look for Unique, give them first-class training and set them loose. If youâ€™re driven to perform, youâ€™ll fit right in. We approach our work fearlessly, learn quickly, improve constantly, and celebrate our wins at every turn. Everyone is welcomeâ€”as an inclusive workplace, our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic whole selves to work. Be you.