Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Company: Schlager Group Pty Ltd
Schlager Group is an industry leader in providing value-added construction, property development and property management services to the Perth market. Our team specialises in providing top quality services across, commercial construction, commercial maintenance and minor works.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will take full control of projects from initial setup to completion. You will interface with the client and contractors ensuring that building codes and safety are adhered to and maintained at all times. You will ensure that work is carried out in accordance to specifications & schedules. Effective cost control and efficient running of the project will be paramount in this role to ensure that department is successful. Throughout all projects you will to be adaptable, able to take initiative and have a flexible outlook.
The ability to assist in the pricing and estimating of works will be highly regarded.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Completing assigned projects in compliance with client expectations, company objectives, and all contractual documentation.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships
- Procuring necessary resources for assigned projects.
- Establishing and developing effective project teams.
- Authorising construction planning, programming and completion schedules.
- Authorising engagement of subcontractors and all major subcontract variations.
- Develop quotations / estimations from site visits
- Establishing industrial relations strategies to support project objectives and monitoring its implementation.
- Oversee and manage the Minor Works team including management of supervisors, carpenters and contract administrators.
- Consistently adhere to our safety-first focus including strong understanding of OHS standards and protocols. Promote and drive a strong safety culture.
Essential Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar project, client management role in either the construction or maintenance industries.
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- An excellent understanding or risk and profitability.
- Ability to read and interpret plans/ drawings and specifications
- Experience in managing trade budgets and reporting against committed costs
- Good technical knowledge
- Strong negotiation skills
- An ability to develop relationships at all levels.
This position is available for an immediate start and provides a great opportunity to work with a dynamic client base. We will provide you with an opportunity to excel in your professional career in a fast-paced, fun and dynamic culture.
If you think your experience, abilities and skills match the criteria above, please send through your cover letter and resume by clicking on the APPLY button above. Due to the nature of this role, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You must have full rights to work in Australia.