Job Location: Mackay & Coalfields
Reporting to the General Manager Business Development and Technical Services, this is an opportunity to join a small team responsible for developing the future of Glencore Australiaâ€™s coal portfolio.
In the role of Project Manager you will be responsible for managing a feasibility study for a significant upgrade for a coal mine located in the Bowen Basin of Queensland. You will lead a multidisciplinary team to transition from the pre-feasibility to the feasibility study. The preferred development strategy will be based on an assessment of the various technical, sustainable development and commercial drivers for the project.
You will hold a tertiary qualification and at least 10 yearsâ€™ experience in the resources industry. A background in coal processing / project management is preferred, but a mine planning, coal processing, infrastructure design or other relevant discipline will be considered. You will have proven expertise in managing multidisciplinary studies and options analysis.
In this role you will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Manage internal approval processes
- Develop and maintain the project schedule
- Develop and maintain the study expenditure
- Work collaboratively with the mine site management team
- Manage a wide variety of internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is commercial acumen.
For further information contact: Andrew Roxburgh
Applications close: 17th December 2021