Project Manager – Civil
Job Location: Perth
Employer: Western Work Force Pty Ltd
Progressive Mining/Civil company
- Progressive Mining/Civil company
- Excellent Salary and Benefits
- Immediate start available
- Pilbara region – FIFO 2/1 roster from Perth
Western Work Force is an Australian owned recruitment company and are a market leader in providing temporary, contract and permanent staffing solutions across various industry sectors.
Our client is a rapidly growing Mining and Civil company with operations based in the Pilbara, WA. As a growing business they are looking to appoint an experienced Project Manager on a FIFO 2/1 roster. This is an integral role within the company that will require you to effectively manage multiple civil projects of varying size and complexity with the main goal of delivering every project on time, within budget and ensuring strong client relationships are maintained.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Effective management of multiple projects from start to completion.
- Ensure all projects are managed within budget, completed on time, meet, or exceed project margins, and comply with all statutory/regulatory/code requirements.
- Complete project proposals, request for quotes, request for tenders, budget estimates and preliminary schedules.
- Prepare prompt quotations including labour, materials, freight, and machinery ensuring at all times lead times are considered and clients are communicated with correct timeframes.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Successfully build relationships and network to obtain new jobs and clients, maintaining strong relationships with existing clients and identifying potential growth opportunities.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions and maintain supplier relationships.
- Attend various sites and locations to scope new project works and tenders.
- Monitor all operations, construction works performed and staffing across assigned projects.
- Encourage team building and ensure a positive working environment for all staff.
- Manage all OH&S compliance, reporting immediately any accidents/Incidents and ensure all OH&S guidelines and procedures are adhered to always.
- Regular project progress reporting to the Operations Manager.
Key Skills, Experience, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Previous experience gained in a Project Management position within the Mining/Civilsâ€™ sector on a FIFO basis.
- Diploma or above in Project Management or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in controlling all aspects of the project from start to completion.
- Experience in handling multiple projects of varying sizes and complexity.
- Previous experience working on Rio Tinto projects would be beneficial.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Mining, Construction, Building and Civils processes.
- Analytical skills â€“ ability to process a variety of information, evaluate costs and benefits and solve complex problems.
- Proven networking and Business Development skills.
- Experience with project tendering, quoting and procurement.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Effectively use MS Suite of programs including MS Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
What our client offers:
- Excellent salary and benefits.
- Exciting, challenging and rewarding position with a progressive Mining/Civil company.
- Excellent team environment with a strong company culture and values.
- Permanent position with an immediate start available.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity and meet the above criteria, please click â€œAPPLY NOWâ€ and submit your CV.