Project Lead – Operation Technology
Job Location: Perth
Employer: WorkPac – Executive & Professional
About the Role:
Workpac are seeking an experienced Project Lead Operation Technology for an opportunity with our leading mining client based in Perth.
The successful Project Lead will be bought on to manage the Keyless Entry Project for an on site entry door infrastructure development for over 18,000 rooms across 16 mine site locations. This role will focus on the capital, infrastructure and operation technology aspects of the project and work in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager with a focus on the Business, IT and Project Management aspects. This role will be Perth based working Monday to Friday with flexible working options. Some site travel may occasionally be required. This position is expected to run for 18-24 months with possible extension.
- Work with the Portfolio manager to deliver the Keyless Entry Project in alignment with business goals
- Lead and manage the OT and construction components of the project, from strategy through to tactical completion
- Manage the design, identification, sourcing, build, installation, programming, configuration, commissioning and validation of the required OT solution/s
- With the support of internal IS&T teams: design, specify, build, commission and validate the data infrastructure, network and core configuration
- Attend sites (in the Pilbara) as required to manage the project effectively
- Work closely with the Business, IT and Project Management lead to align the OT perspective with the overall project strategy
- Create, foster and maintain strong relationships, including with related projects and teams, IS&T, procurement, risk, vendors and contractors
- Develop a strong understanding of all technical aspects of the project, and collaboratively work to meet current and future aims
- Manage OT systems and network documentation efforts
- Delivery of complex operating technology projects to set timeframes and budgets
- IT/OT project implementation and management, or BAU IT/OT experience preferred
- Mining industry experience preferred
- Management of change experience preferred
- Experience with the following technical areas may be beneficial: mobility, cloud-based access control systems, data-on-card tech, wired, semi-wired or non-wired access control, RFID, QR codes, NFC, Bluetooth LE, digital keys
- Must hold full working rights in Australia and be willing to complete pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol
Please be aware that proof of COVID-19 vaccination may apply in accordance with Public Health Orders, State Health Directions and/or site specific Health and Safety requirements.
How to Apply:
Click Apply Now and our Principal Consultant will be in touch.
Reference Number: 6123J20211162
WorkPac is Australia’s leading, privately owned recruitment provider to the mining, construction, engineering, oil and gas and healthcare sectors. We are proud to partner with some of the country’s leading companies to deliver rewarding career opportunities. Looking after our employees is important to us. Through our myrewards platform, we offer benefits from retail rewards through to financial, health cover, insurance, superannuation services and more.
At WorkPac, we recognise we are strengthened by diversity. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and we encourage applications from women and Indigenous people.