Project Engineer- Rail
Location: Sydney South West & M5 Corridor
Company: UGL – Transport & Technology
Due to our ever-growing portfolio of NSW projects, we have an immediate opportunity for a Project Engineer- Rail to join our dynamic Sydney based Rail Systems team.
OVERVIEW OF RAILS SYSTEMS
UGL’S National Rail Systems team covers various Signalling Design, Signalling Construction & Commissioning projects. We also oversee OLE, power, substations and track work providing full Rail Systems turnkey solutions.
We have offices in NSW (North Sydney, Milperra, Pymble) as well as Melbourne, VIC & Perth, WA and our client base includes Sydney Trains, TfNSW, Melbourne Trains – Tier one contractors.
Our Rail System team works hard and celebrates successes and efforts through our monthly reward and recognition scheme. If you are looking for a bright future and opportunity to grow your career, then join UGL – a great place to work!
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Project Manager, you will manage the Train Control Systems, Signalling Engineering and Construction activities from tender through to delivery, commissioning and completion. You will also:
- Participate in tender processes and prepare tender schedules
- Prepare signalling project management plans and SWMS
- Coordinate project implementation and track project
- Identify project risks and recommend mitigation actions
- Coordinate project reporting
- Assist the construction team with on-site signalling equipment installation
You are an experienced Project Engineer with experience within rail / rail signalling. You have the ability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders and a desire to ensure projects are delivered safely. You will also have:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to build relationships and influence a diverse group of stakeholders
- The ability to work autonomously, to organise and prioritise demands and handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously
- An appetite to learn, grow and develop your career with an innovative organisation
WHAT WE OFFER
When you join UGL you will to join a 6,000 plus strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors where you will gain exposure to a diverse range of opportunities, which include:
- The opportunity to work with a team that focuses on personal development & further training
- Exposure to a diverse range of projects
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- Flexible work arrangements and a culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and positive workplace
- Empower a united and collaborative culture
- Deliver technical excellence and create efficient, innovative solutions
- Build an enviable reputation and the trust of employees, clients and other stakeholders
- Genuine concern for safety
UGL is a well-known and respected for providing end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services within; rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
At UGL, we value diversity – in the backgrounds, ideas, work styles and perspectives of our team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage people with disability, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, mature aged workers and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Please note that relevant screening checks will be conducted as part of the recruitment process. These may include a national criminal history check and for you to undergo pre-employment medical assessment including drug and alcohol screen.
HOW TO APPLY
If you want to be part of an organisation that appreciates the diversity and richness of its people and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills, please click the apply button and send in a copy of your resume and cover letter.