Job Location: Sydney CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Employer: Sterning Design
$130,000 – $159,999
Are you a creative problem solver? Are you naturally curious? Do you lean into complex brand and marketing challenges? Are you excited to innovate and design the new future of consumer branding through strategic brand expression across brand strategy, innovation for growth, brand experience, brand visual identity and packaging design?
If you are ready to join a team of dynamic, creative and strategic professionals to serve as a trusted
Today we proudly serve as long term, trusted advisors to some of the most impactful local and global consumer brands.
We are looking for:
PROVEN LEADERSHIP: You will be a proven team and client leader with strong strategic acumen,
having 7+ years experience in an entrepreneurial or boutique creative environment.
STRATEGY-FIRST THINKING: You will have proven strategic capability in excavating the strategic spark that enables outstanding brand experience(s). You will also have credibility and persuasiveness to present these in a way that helps clients to envision the future.
HANDS ON, TRUSTED ADVISOR:
You will be into the details, but always with the big picture in mind
â€“ clients trust you because you make sure the team is not only moving fast, but also in the right
direction; always doing what is right for their brands.
COMMERCIAL SENSIBILITY: You will be commercially solid with a proven track record of success in
growing clients, and growing them profitability â€“ effectively negotiating scope, fees and contracts.
Once on board, you will:
– Lead our clients and direct projects to offer to deliver transformational brand and business
outcomes across your portfolio primarily in Sydney and across Australia
– Be a creative problem solver. Ambidextrous – equally strong across both strategy and
client service – with the ability to bring fresh yet informed thinking to bear on client
business problems, helping those around you imagine inspired possibilities and craft
– Build client superfans, delivering outstanding experiences and better business
outcomes for clients, spotting opportunities for problem solving beyond the brief. Grow both existing and new client relationships by becoming a trusted advisor.
– Internally lead and strategically guide teams, projects, pitches and prepare proposals that
maximize our ability to make a real difference in the world of consumer branding and
helping clients reimagine their brands.
– Cultivate an entrepreneurial mindset and working style with your project teams across
strategic account and creative. Lead by example, supporting a positive, can-do culture.
– Mentor and guide your direct reports, supporting an environment of continuous learning
and improvement to ensure everyone knows not only what good looks like, but also how to deliver it
Complete understanding of creative development processes including:
- Strategic planning
- Conceptual development
- Design and advertising production Print, web and digital production, packaging experience useful but not essential
- Brief, input to, and critique strategic and creative work
- Prioritise workload and multitask effectively
- Write and communicate in a clear, well organised and persuasive manner
- Convert client information into focussed, incisive and fresh creative briefs and insights
- Present in an articulate and effective manner that sells
- Manage and motivate people at varying levels of seniority and background
- Basic skills
- Strong, English, written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical & problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail
- Understanding of common office and creative software
- A â€˜people-personâ€™ who loves to connect with both colleagues and clients
- A â€˜creative and strategic-thinkerâ€™ who understands / adds value to the creative process
- Enthusiasm. A love of our industry and delivering to our clients, to fit with our passionate,
- energetic company
- A hands-on manager, keen on the detail of our clientsâ€™ businesses and projects
- Someone who proactively keeps on top of the industry, both ours and our clients
- Persistent and patient â€“ understands the needs of the client whilst standing up for what
- they believe in creatively
- Nice person to work with