Programming Producer – Dance Peak Body
Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Ausdance Victoria
$60,000 – $64,999
Ausdance Victoria (Ausdance VIC) is the Peak Body for dance for the state of Victoria. 2022 will mark the 45th birthday of Ausdance VIC and the Ausdance National Network. We support our members, the broader dance sector and communities of Victoria to have access to opportunities to engage in dance. We provide advocacy, advice, information, resources, programs, training (both accredited and non-accredited), networks, industry and public events. Ausdance VIC is also a Registered Training Organisation (RTO), that provides training across the state, for young people, students and adult professionals, and through membership with Ausdance VIC, we provide a way for dance professionals to remain connected throughout their career. We are non-for-profit and registered as a charity with ACNC.
The Ausdance VIC(RTO 20949) is a Registered Training Organisation with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) that delivers nationally recognised training. The RTO is monitored by ASQA to ensure it meets the Standards for Registered Training Organisations 2015. The RTO delivers a range of qualifications which creates pathways for a career in the dance and performing arts sector.
VISION: All Victorians have access to opportunities to experience and engage with, dance.
As the Peak Body for dance in Victoria, Ausdance VIC wants to see the following outcomes:
- a First Peoples lens shaping all aspects of Ausdance VIC policy, strategy and programs;
- dance and the dance sector thrive in remote, rural, and metropolitan areas of Victoria; all Victorians have access to participate in, and engage with, dance;
- greater diversity and inclusion in dance; a range of people, places, and practice across the state engaging in dance as a career and/or for creative, recreational, and health purposes.
Mission & Purpose: To advocate for, create, support, and promote opportunities for dance in Victoria, and invest in its ongoing development.
Ausdance VIC will continue to provide high-level strategic advice and vision for the sector. Ausdance VIC supports individuals, companies, and organisations in a coherent ecology of arts services, enabling its members and partners to flourish, creating connections and opportunities to increase the capacity of the sector, and delivering activities for, and in, communities across Victoria.
The organisation works across all levels of dance practice to promote creativity, health, lifelong learning/engagement, and social well-being agendas, contributing to the wider communityâ€™s physical, mental, social, and economic wellbeing.
To design, plan and deliver programs and events of Ausdance VIC in alignment with our 2022 â€“ 2025 strategic Plan. Key events being the Australian Youth Dance Festival, Blue Sky Dance â€“ Blended Dance Tuition Tour and RTO Industry Days as well as forward planning for future events.
Position Title: Programming Producer (PP)
Reporting to: General Manager (GM)
Hours: 30 hours per week (0.8 FTE) Commencing 17 January 2022 – Fixed term to 31 December 2022
Direct Reports: Program and Events contractors, Dance Educators, Casuals and Volunteers
Location: Ausdance Victoria, 59 Francis St Yarraville, Victoria
Offsite locations and / or flexible working may be required/negotiated
Ausdance VIC (AV) is looking for a highly organised, producing all-rounder to join its team as Programming Producer (PP). The PP works closely with the General Manager (GM) to support the continued advancement of AVâ€™s year-round program of sector-development workshops, initiatives, projects, and events which are aligned with our 2022 â€“ 2025 strategic plan.
As PP, you will coordinate all aspects of AVâ€™s sector-development and community engagement projects including stakeholder liaison and consultation, research and design, and project/event management (planning, contracting project personnel, risk, compliance, finance, administration, and evaluation). As part of this role you will manage the Australian Youth Dance Festival 2022, a weeklong celebration of contemporary dance, Blue Sky Dance a dance education program delivered to schools all across the state, Inside Dance â€“ our professional development programs for members and the sector as well as Industry and Development days within our RTO.
You will take a holistic approach to continuously improve the delivery of AVâ€™s programs and events, drawing on your creative, collaborative, and pragmatic capacities to deliver successful projects. A confident project manager, your flexibility and self-awareness will allow you to recognise when you may need to modify project plans to respond to previously unforeseen challenges or opportunities, and your collaborative style will ensure you bring all project stakeholders along with you. With a robust attention for detail, you are a person who remains calm under pressure and contributes to a positive and supportive work environment.
- You donâ€™t need to be an expert in dance but experience of working in the arts sector will be looked upon favourably. and a passion for the arts is a must.
- You should have experience in managing, coordinating or assisting in the development of arts events, artistic tours and/or educational programs (for all but especially kids).
- You like getting stuff done and, although you love being part of a team, you also have the individual fortitude and focus to work autonomously.
- You must be willing to provide us with, or apply for and be approved for, a Working with Children check and you must be willing to provide evidence of meeting the Victorian Governments vaccine requirements against COVID-19 prior to commencing in this role.
We donâ€™t expect you to know everything but what you donâ€™t know you will need to learn. This may require learning new software, including learning management systems, CRM systems, and other technical platforms (so you will need to be confident in your ability to pick-up ICT systems). If this sounds like you, weâ€™d love to receive your application.
- ensuring the successful delivery of AVâ€™s sector-development and community engagement programs, events, and initiatives (consistent with, and in support of, AVâ€™s Strategic Plan and Annual Business Plan), including, but not limited to: workshops, seminars, roundtables, festivals, and other industry events
- identifying opportunities for the advancement of AVâ€™s programs and events
- developing and maintaining positive relations with all AV stakeholders
- fulfilling all regulatory compliance requirements of allocated programs and events
- managing expenditure and income for allocated programs and events
- managing any contractors in support of allocated programs and events (as required)
- developing and maintaining efficient administrative systems in support of the smooth delivery of AVâ€™s programs and events
- regular reporting on position deliverable
- manage the advancement and delivery of AVâ€™s sector-development and community engagement programs, events, and initiatives
- support AV in the achievement of its vision, purpose, and goals, maintaining a best-practice framework
- develop and maintain AV stakeholder relationships
- support AVâ€™s advocacy goals
- develop and improve administrative systems in support of the delivery of programs
- manage financial reporting against project budget
- identify opportunities for timely, relevant, inclusive, and impactful sector-development and community engagement initiatives, undertaking research and consultation as needed
- submit applications and reports to government and other potential funding agencies in support of AV programs and events
- develop positive and mutually beneficial relationships with current and potential project partners including, but not limited to, sponsors, donors, venue partners, program partners, community partners, and government partners
- Coordinate the successful planning, delivery, and evaluation of allocated programs and events, including, but not limited to, the development of project plans, timelines, risk management plans, budgets, participant surveys, induction programs, checklists, contracts, MOUâ€™s, and other agreements
- Prepare reports on AV programs and events for inclusion in board papers and other communications
- Initiate new procedures and systems, where necessary, to support AVâ€™s operational efficiency
- Develop, manage and monitor project budgets
- ensure the timely payment of project-related accounts (payable and receivable)
- prepare financial reports to support acquittal of funding by project funders and for submission to the Board
- Maintain and develop positive relationships with funding bodies, program partners and other stakeholders, in support of AVâ€™s strategic objectives
- Maintain positive working relationships with all program personnel
- Maintain positive working relationships with sector and industry peers
- Attend sector and industry events and activities, as required, and represent AV at the same
- Oversee the selection, recruitment, and induction of all personnel associated with programs and events (including volunteers and interns), ensuring AVâ€™s processes comply with relevant laws and regulations, as well as AVâ€™s approved policies and procedures
- Management and supervision of Direct Reports, including regular meetings, coaching, conducting annual performance reviews, and developing professional development plans as appropriate.
Marketing, Communications and Public Relations
- Provide timely and accurate advice and information to AVâ€™s Marketing and Communications team such that they can successfully:
- develop and implement marketing and communications plans for AVâ€™s programs and events
- manage program and event branding and communications
- collate project marketing collateral and document AVâ€™s programs and events
- Approach all situations professionally as a representative of Ausdance Victoria with the ambition to educate, inform and learn about the dance industry in our state and country.
- Act in a manner that promotes equality across the sector and encourages an inclusive environment for all.
Applications close December 17, 2022
Ausdance VIC will be interviewing for this role during the open application period so please apply ASAP as this role will be appointed to the right candidate at the earliest of means.
Please apply via Seek or send your cover letter and CV, along with any questions you may have to [email protected]
All applications will be treated with confidentiality and respect.
Ausdance VIC is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer
We strongly encourage applicants of First Nations and Indigenous backgrounds, culturally diverse, disability, Deaf, hearing impaired and/or marginalised communities to apply for this position.