Program Manager – Aerospace & Defence
Location: Brisbane Southern Suburbs & Logan
Company: Talent HQ
Exceptional Package to Attract the Best!!
Our client is both a local and global industry leader, listed on the Australian stock exchange and has developed an international presence, with operations spanning four (4) continents. Conveniently located in South-East QLD, they are rapidly expanding and undergoing enormous growth, with more than 300 employees and a purpose-built, state-of-the-art manufacturing facility, which is the envy of its competitors.
The business was originally founded on its “be-spoke” and proprietary automotive engineering technology, which has since developed to include defence and aerospace design and component manufacturing. The business now develops and markets civil and military technology applications for use in space, air, land and water; providing product and service solutions to the Australian Defence Force, NATO Military Partners and international partner companies in the aerospace and defence industries.
As the Program Manager – Aerospace & Defence, your role has two (2) primary functions. Firstly, the Commercial element, i.e. to foster and enhance current working relationships and develop new opportunities to secure additional work packages, both complimenting and expanding on current design and manufacturing capability. Secondly, the Project Management element, i.e. the effective management and delivery of these work packages, to ensure ongoing access to current and future defence and aerospace projects.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and will be responsible for building the team to ensure the effective delivery of current and future programs.
- Secure new opportunities in Australia, with international customers and defence partner countries
- To integrate with established relationships, all key program stakeholders and decision makers
- Develop implementation plans to support capability for components and sub systems.
- Develop appropriate business cases to support activation plans including budget, timelines and resources
- Ensure the commercial feasibility of all opportunities with appropriate margins, delivery time frames and sign-off on quality parameters
- Ensure appropriate approvals and sign off is completed with ALL internal and external parties.
- Generate and manage project budgets and forecasts, updating applicable staff as appropriate and reporting variances to leadership teams as appropriate.
- Ensure issues are escalated to the appropriate forums when the process or actions are putting a project at risk or causing misalignment.
- Present milestone status updates, scheduling, budget and product review presentations to executive leadership team for internal review.
- Ensure all key stakeholders and decision makers fully understand the capability and service offering
Key Selection Criteria:
To be considered for this position, applicants MUST satisfy the following position requirements:
- Be an Australian Citizen with the ability to satisfy defence security clearance requirements
- Possess a relevant Degree/Formal Qualifications in Aerospace, Engineering, Program Management and/or a related field
- Have strong skills in the use of Microsoft Office, Including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role ideally within Aerospace & Defence
- Demonstrated ability to grow existing business and/or major project endorsement/funding
- Demonstrated hands on experience in contract negotiations and re-negotiations
- Have well developed interpersonal and communication skills and a high level of self-motivation, including an ability to conduct formal presentations in front of small and large groups of people
- Possess strong leadership and influencing skills, with an ability to motivate and encourage team co-operation
- Demonstrated experience in developing networks/partnerships with external corporate and government bodies as required
- Demonstrated ability in managing customer demands appropriately and effectively
- Demonstrated project management experience with the ability to handle multiple tasks and effectively prioritise
On offer to attract interest from exceptional candidates, is an attractive and negotiable salary package, which will be in line with your level of fit against the key selection criteria. There will be a requirement for regular local and international travel (subject to Covid Restrictions), as well as representing the company at events after hours and on weekends.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please feel free to contact Kirk on 0423 548 780.