Location: South West Coast VIC
Company: BARRETT BURSTON MALTING CO. PTY. LTD.
With roots in the founding families of Australia’s malt industry, Barrett Burston Malting Co. has been delivering premium malted barley for customers for more than 150 years. With operations in Australia and New Zealand, we are part of the United Malt Group, one of the world’s largest producers of malt!
About our role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced, Production Manager to join the Barrett Burston Malting team on a permanent full-time basis.
Based at BBM’s manufacturing plant in Geelong, Victoria, and reporting to the Plant Manager, this role plays an essential part in our production capability. Some of the key objectives include:
- Provide leadership to a team of 4 direct reports in the safe day to day operations of raw materials receivals, malt production and outloading
- Coordinating site-wide continuous improvement programs
- Monitoring production budgets
- Ensuring all schedules are in place to meet shipping and dispatch demands
- Promote and commit to a strong safety focus
- Ensure customer specifications are met
- Assume site leadership in Plant Manager’s absence
About your experience
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience in a leadership role within operations and/or quality management essential
- Strong people leadership skills – proven experience motivating, developing and directing team members
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with production scheduling and coordination
- Numerical proficiency
- Intermediate skills with Excel, and proficiency across Microsoft Office suite
- Sound troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
Consideration will also be made to candidates with the following desirable experience/education:
- Tertiary qualifications in Food Technology, Applied Science (or equivalent), or Engineering
- Food/Cereals/Grain production experience
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience using ERP systems
In addition to providing proof of unrestricted working rights and suitable professional referees, preferred candidates will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical and criminal history check.
Working at Barrett Burston Malting
At BBM, we value and respect the different perspectives and experiences our people bring to work each day. We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce – leading to a range of different thinking, perspectives and ideas that create the innovation we need to drive better business results. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realise their full potential.