Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: Raytheon Australia
- Excellent opportunity for an experienced professional
- Fast paced dynamic work environment
- Immediate start available
At Raytheon Australia, we draw the brightest minds and give them work that excites them while continuously developing an environment for learning to maintain a highly skilled, world-class workforce. Currently, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Purchasing Officer. This role is responsible for performing and managing procurement and purchasing activities across the organisation.
This is a key role in our procurement team requiring a person who is proactive with a can-do attitude. You are always looking to find solutions to the daily challenges. You will have the opportunity to take ownership of the role where your strong communication and organisational skills will shine in this role. If you have a high work ethic, positive attitude, with exceptional attention to detail, we want to hear from you.
- Subject matter expert advice on suppliers, specific commodities and/or categories of supply and logistics coordination.
- Perform procurement planning and scheduling and support supplier engagement, as directed.
- Contribute to performance management against key performance indicator and performance reporting.
- Provide recommendations for procurement systems and processes improvements.
- Work with stakeholders and subject matter experts to clarify, define and refine the scope of supply, supply requirements and statement of work for the procurement.
- Approach the market including obtaining quotes, releasing request for tender, evaluating offers and assessing the marketâ€™s capacity to supply.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Equivalent experience to, or, a Diploma in Supply Chain (Procurement, Material Logistics), Contracting, Business, Commerce, Law, or Finance, or relevant technical background.
- Minimum of 5-7 years prior relevant procurement and/or purchasing experience.
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
- Advanced understanding and ability to use software/online based procurement/purchasing management systems
Must be eligible to obtain and maintain an Australian Defence Security Clearance. Eligibility can be found at http://www.defence.gov.au/agsva
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career click the â€œApplyâ€ button now or contact us at [email protected]