Processing Operator – Night Shift
Job Location: Sydney Parramatta & Western Suburbs
Employer: Bega – Dairy and Drinks
Bega Cheese Group is home to many trusted and wholesome food brands that are enjoyed in Australia and all around the world. Our growth story of becoming a successful ASX listed company with a turnover in excess of $3 billion and over 4000 employees, is made possible by our values and outward-looking perspective.
With a strong regional focus and dedication to community, we are proud of our heritage and will continue to build great opportunities to allow people to develop and thrive.
If you are curious & creative, invested in not only your own success but also the growth of others, and believe in building the Great Australian Food Company, then you might be the one for us!
About the Role
Our Wetherill Park site in Sydney is our Milk Based Beverages (MMB) hub for the eastern seaboard. The site manufactures both Fresh and Extended Shelf-Life products, including our short pack format MBB and Ultra Heat Treated (UHT) long life unrefrigerated milk.
We are looking for a Processing Operator to be involved in all aspects of processing including SCADA operation for beverage manufacture, milk receival and batch mixing while maintaining quality, hygiene, and safety standards and practices in this state-of-the-art FMCG manufacturing facility.
This position is a night shift position working 12.33 hours per shift Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – 6p.m to 6.20a.m, 3 days on and 4 days off.
- Working in positions throughout the processing department involving all aspects of manufacturing including SCADA operation for beverage manufacture, milk receival, batch mixing, inventory, and reporting
- Adherence to our quality, safety and environmental systems and practices
- Documentation as required by our HACCP system
- Assisting maintenance team in trouble shooting of equipment as required
- Participation in continuous improvement activities
- Comfortable using technology for production, safety, quality, and reporting
- Exceptional team player, communicator who builds strong and constructive relationships
- A passion to deliver the sites KPI’s and implement continuous improvementÃ‚
- A strong Goods Manufacturing Practice and hygiene focus
- Intermediate mechanical aptitude
- Forklift licence or ability to get one
What you can Expect when you work at Bega:
We look for potential, not only performance. To be successful you will be open about your strengths and weaknesses and prepared to challenge yourself. We value diversity of thinking, experiences and perspectives and listening. Bega people support each other to achieve together.
- Be part of a supportive and talented team
- Loads of career development and opportunities
- Be part of an excellent culture that holds true to company values
- Work for an employer that gives back to the communities and charities we partner with
- Amazing employee benefits such as Health Insurance Subsidy, Flexible work options, Purchased Leave – to name a few.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment medical.
We will accept applications from all people with the right to live and work in Australia.
Bega is a is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage any qualified applicant, we embrace and value diversity and encourage people with disability or Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.