Job Location: Broome & Kimberley
Employer: Lions Eye Institute
About Lions Eye Institute
The Lions Eye Institute (LEI) is a medical research institute that combines world-class scientific research and ophthalmic clinical care with clinics in Nedlands, Murdoch and Midland. Lions Outback Vision delivers regional and remote eye health services across Western Australia and has recently opened an exciting new eye health clinic in Broome in 2021.
This role will ensure optimal operating performance of our Broome clinic along with a smooth consistent patient journey. The Practice Manager role is a busy position, which will require the successful incumbent to multi-task, demonstrate excellent planning and organisational skills and coordinate staffing, resources, contracts and operations logistics to meet clinic needs.
This role is being offered on an initial 12 month fixed term contract.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Provide patients with the highest levels of customer service;
- Implementing standard policies and procedures that keep the practice running smoothly, while also responding to any unexpected issues that regularly crop up.
- Staffing and scheduling, managing leave and on boarding new employees.
- In collaboration with the LOV Manger, managing the revenue cycle, overseeing different budgets and monitoring spend
- Ensuring that the practice has all the necessary resources through effective stock management and ordering to continue operating effectively.
- Privacy and security management, ensuring that patient records are kept confidential and overseeing the policies that allow its release to the right people when required.
- Manage service contracts and maintenance scheduling
- Engagement with key stakeholders including regional hospital staff, local community clinics, community members and groups and patients.
- Implement opportunities to improve operating efficiency
- Oversee administration requirements
- Recruitment and induction for Broome based roles
- Performance management and goal setting for direct reports
- Input into business plans, scheduling and development of service delivery models.
- Step into other roles to cover for employees or when the practice is short-staffed.
- Understanding aspects of service delivery and administration within the LOV remit to support effective and efficient delivery.
- Lead a multi-discipline high performing team to support all clinical activities;
Our Ideal Candidate
Your extensive experience leading a multi-disciplinary team (including building and maintaining high performance teams) will aide you in providing inspired leadership to the clinic and its key stakeholders. Your ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all of your key stakeholders will see you make consultative decisions in the best interests of Lions Outback Vision and its patient outcomes.
- Demonstrated significant experience in a practice manager or similar position leading a multidiscipline team within the health sector.
- Understanding of workforce planning, rostering allocation and resource allocation planning and practices.
- Understanding and experience of clinical operations in a busy clinical setting.
- Demonstrated experience implementing business improvement projects and change management initiatives.
- Demonstrated experience providing internal customer service and building positive workplace relationships with a range of diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience performing the following people management tasks: recruitment, performance reviews, running team meetings, handling employee relations matters, resolving conflict, coaching and mentoring others.
- Understanding of regulatory and compliance frameworks relevant to West Australian Health Facility Guidelines (2006).
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service approach.
- Exceptional planning, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Relevant Ophthalmic experience.
- Completion of accredited leadership / management program.
- Business administration or other relevant qualification
In return we will offer;
- A friendly, professional and collaborative working environment
- A strong culture of shared core values
- Competitive remuneration package including generous salary packaging
- Supportive environment with opportunities for professional development
- A range of employee benefits including discounted health insurance and optical discounts
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity that aligns with your experience and career goals, click on the APPLY button to submit your application for this position. For further enquiries or job specific details, please email the recruitment team on; [email protected]
We strongly promote a culture of diversity and inclusion at Lions Eye Institute. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a satisfactory National Police Clearance.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.