Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: International Health and Medical Services
- Monday – Friday, Full Time standard business hours
- Managing a multidisciplinary team
- Full Time Contract
The Nurse Unit Manager will oversee and manage the day to day running of health services provided in Adelaide Immigration Detention Centre.
We operate a nurse-led clinical environment and the Nurse Unit Manager is a key member of our multidisciplinary team. The Nurse Unit Manager will oversee and manage the day to day running of health services provided to the people in our clinic in Adelaide Immigration Detention Centre.
The Nurse Unit Manager will be passionate about providing the best level of health care, demonstrate integrity, professionalism and be a role model to other staff.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Current Nursing Registration and unconditional registration with AHPRA;
- Full working rights in Australia
- Significant health management experience gained from working in a large multi-faceted health business with broad clinical experience in primary health, mental health, emergency and public health
- Knowledge and experience of working with culturally diverse client groups or a willingness to develop this
- Previous Nursing experience in a detention/ correctional facility is highly desirable
- A degree or post graduate qualification in health administration, health management or Business is desirable
IHMS is contracted to provide healthcare to people in immigration detention throughout Australia. We deliver these important and challenging services in a professional manner that is:
- Medically appropriate;
- Without any form of discrimination;
- With appropriate dignity, humanity, cultural and gender sensitivity; and
- With respect for privacy and confidentiality
IHMS welcomes you to Apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. Only suitable shortlisted candidates will be contacted.