Job Location: Darwin
Employer: Berrimah Family Practice
Berrimah Family Practice is located centrally in the heart of Berrimah in outer Darwin, next to Chemist Warehouse and JB Hi-Fi. The clinic is new, opening in 2018. It is modern and up to date with a dynamic team of GP’s, nurses and reception staff.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a Practice Manager with a strong leadership background, to join our team. This role is a full-time position so would suit a keen Manager ready to take a new challenge in NT’s thriving capital city for a change of scenery. Darwin boasts sunny days, starry skies, friendly locals and some of the best National Parks in Australia right on your doorstep.
In this important position, you will play a critical role in supporting and growing the clinic, as well as leading and managing its day-to-day operations to ensure it runs efficiently and effectively. The role will lead the clinic to deliver primary healthcare services, GP, and Allied Health services for the local community.
Your responsibilities will include, however are not limited to:
- Ensure the practice operates smoothly and efficiently
- Training, coaching, coordinating and leading a diverse medical and administrative team
- Maintaining effective and efficient leadership through clear and positive communication
- Arranging individual and group training, and arranging staff meetings
- Create effective working relationships within the practice with internal and external services.
- Collating and compiling financial and ADHOC reports as required
- Firm understanding of numbers in order to reconcile receipts, construct income reports and disbursements, including daily bank transactions
- Create a positive and enjoyable working environment
- Focus on safety and wellness of the team and our patients
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 -3 years medical receptionist experience preferably with Practice Management experience. Knowledge of Best Practice Software is highly desirable. You will be an excellent communicator who is self-driven and thrives in leading from the front.
Skills and attributes required for the role:
- Ability to engage, motivate and lead staff to achieve desired business outcomes
- High emotional intelligence with the ability to be a positive change agent
- Ability to coach a team to deliver exceptional customer service
- Strong technology skills, including the ability to learn systems quickly
WHY JOIN US?
- Great location
- Oversee GP and Allied Health services to ensure a positive experience for a diverse range of patients
- Opportunity to work in an modern clinic with a focus on positive patient outcomes
- Once in a Lifetime opportunities await to be explored on your doorstep in beautiful NT
Subject to eligibility criteria
At Berrimah Family Practice we offer a positive workplace culture, close team networks and a supportive work environment. Our caring team of GP’s put patient outcomes first. We have a team of allied health professionals that provide services onsite, with the view to a holistic approach to patient care.
HOW TO APPLY
As part of our pre-employment process, preferred candidates must provide a Working with Children’s card (Ochre Card) or be in the process of obtaining the card.
Short listing for this position will commence immediately. You are encouraged to apply promptly as applications will close when suitable applicants are obtained.
Please comment â€˜I read the job descriptionâ€™ in the subject line of your application.