Portfolio Manager: Office of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer
Company: University of South Australia
Commencement Salary: $119,598 pa (plus 17% super)
About the Role
The Portfolio Manager develops and implements plans, policies and strategies aimed at improving the university’s full suite of academic programs, on behalf of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer. The Portfolio Manager also plays a significant role in generating high level policy advice, develops and maintains strong network on behalf of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer and ensures the systematic management, coordination and organisation of business of the Office of the Provost and Chief Academic Officer. Reporting directly to the Provost & Chief Academic Officer, this position also manages an Executive Assistant and Project Officer.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, implement and monitor strategic plans and change management projects on behalf of the Provost
- Manage the Portfolios contributions to key communications with State and Commonwealth departments and committees
- Provide high level research, analysis, advice and recommendations on a broad range of issues and policies
- Develop and review reports, submissions, speeches, discussion papers, and strategic plans to assist the Provost & Chief Academic Officer’s role in institutional management
Essential Skills and Experience
- Relevant postgraduate qualification or equivalent combination of education, knowledge, skills and demonstrated experience
- Excellent critical thinking, conceptual and analytical skills
- Proven ability to plan at both the strategic and operations levels and the ability to manage priorities, projects and people with a high level of autonomy, in a changing environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and presentation skills, with the proven ability to build effective relationships and negotiate with stakeholders
- Strong communication skills and experience writing reports, submissions, speeches, discussion papers and strategic plans
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Corporate health insurance
- Staff study support
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Miranda McDonald, Manager: Recruitment Central. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at [email protected] using job reference number 3407.
Applications close: 11.30pm Sunday 10 October 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.