Job Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Make-A-Wish is one of Australia’s most trusted charities and part of the largest wish-granting organisations in the world. Make-A-Wish® creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We have been operating in Australia since 1985, with around 1,200 volunteers across 60 branches plus national headquarters in Melbourne. Our vision is to grant the wish of every eligible child, and we’ve brought over 10,000 unforgettable wishes to life (and counting!). We believe wishes help sick kids build the physical and emotional resilience they need to fight critical illness – with the power to positively impact the lives of not only the children themselves, but also their families and wider communities.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and motivated Philanthropy Manager to join the Partners team at Make-A-Wish. Reporting to the Group Head of Partners you will be responsible for relationship development and proactive solicitation of major donors, stewarding existing donors, applications to private trust and foundation’s and driving donor acquisition and retention for bequests. This role can be based in Melbourne or Sydney.
- Managing a portfolio of philanthropic donors
- Securing major gifts from prospects and existing donors
- Identifying prospective donors as well as qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Cultivating significant fundraising partnerships and driving engagement strategies to optimise financial support
- Developing and delivering proposals to trust and foundations
- Develop a recognition program for donors
- Meeting and exceeding fundraising revenue targets
- Experience in fundraising across either philanthropy or corporate partnerships
- Proven track record in forecasting, developing and implementing engagement plans
- Successful record in delivering against revenue targets
- Pro-active person with excellent communication, written, interpersonal, negotiation and networking skills
- Experience in engaging and building relationships, donor solicitation and major gift stewardship
What we can offer you
- Competitive salary and salary packaging
- The opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of critically ill children
- A flexible and supportive workplace, with excellent work-life balance
- Opportunities for career progression
You don’t have to have all the experience but if you have most, we would absolutely love to hear from you! Please click the link to apply or email [email protected] if you have any questions.
Make-A-Wish Australia is proud to be a child safe organisation. Our recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application and interview process and include thorough screening to ensure that anyone who joins us at Make-A-Wish aligns with our values and commitment to child safety.