Job Location: Melbourne Western Suburbs
Employer: Western Health
This temporary parental leave Personal Assistant role offering a brilliant opportunity for an individual with career aspirations to develop their skills in the health care sector. This position presents an opening to join a dynamic a team in the growing division of Emergency, Medicine and Access and build a long term career in public health.
- Previous Personal Assistant experience or Administration Assistant experience required
Ambition and a drive to succeed in the healthcare sector is a must.
The Personal Assistant will provide high level business support and service through the administration of a variety of procedures, management of stakeholders, communication of incoming data and operational support to the Directors of the Division of Emergency, Medicine & Access.
- Calendar and diary management, booking and confirmation of appointments and meeting rooms, including the preparation of schedules in a timely manner
- Coordinate and manage divisional papers and reports
- Attend meetings, summarising and preparing detailed and accurate minutes
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to research and coordinate meetings and events
- Operate effectively in a complex, healthcare environment
- Previous Personal Assistant experience or experience relevant to the role
- A Certificate 3 in Business / Office Administration (or equivalent) or other relevant qualification is desirable
- High level stakeholder management and collaboration
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and professional demeanour
- Proven ability to be innovative, proactive and take initiative
- Advanced in Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to identify problems and work to resolution as required
- Capacity to work as a team player and be self – directed
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Ability to analyse and present material concisely
Our workforce of over 9,000 employees are driven by our values of â€˜Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safetyâ€™ (CARES). We value our people and provide them the opportunity to grow and develop. Our teams are friendly and supportive, ensuring we deliver a safe, person-centred and connected patient experience.
Western Health is in a period of rapid growth. Our services comprise of four acute public hospitals: Footscray Hospital, Sunshine Hospital (including Joan Kirner Women’s and Children’s), Williamstown Hospital and Bacchus Marsh & Melton Hospital. We also operate Sunbury Day Hospital, Hazeldean, Grant Lodge Residential Aged Care, as well as community health centres in Melton, Caroline Springs and Bacchus Marsh and a range of community-based services. We care for a diverse community of more than 1 million people with complex care needs ranging from Neonates to Geriatrics.
Our employees enjoy a wide range of benefits such as:
- Professional development support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Work-life balance
Western Health is an equal opportunity employer committed to attracting and retaining diversity in our workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Western Health is committed to providing a safe environment for the children and young people who are involved in our services, sites and operations. We follow and abide by all legislative requirements to keep children and young people safe.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Police Record Check, an Immunisation status clearance (including evidence of COVID 19 vaccination) and (if applicable) a Working with Childrenâ€™s Check.
Western Health do not accept unsolicited resumes/applications from Recruitment Agencies.
Enquiries: Maree Pane
Position Ref: 42950
Applications Close: 25/11/2021
To view the position description or submit your application, please click the ‘Apply for this job’ button below.