Personal Assistant to the Dean of Operations and Dean of Mission
Job Location: Sydney South West & M5 Corridor
Employer: All Saints Catholic College
Sydney Catholic Schools is committed to ensuring the safety of our staff, students and school communities. In line with the Public Health (COVID-19 Vaccination of Education Care Workers) Order 2021, all of our staff are required to provide Vaccination Evidence that is compliant with the Order as a condition of employment. Compliance with the Order and providing the evidence is an essential requirement of employment with Sydney Catholic Schools.
About Sydney Catholic Schools
In 200 years of delivering excellence in education, Sydney Catholic Schools (SCS) has grown alongside the cityâ€™s dynamic, ever-changing and multicultural landscape. With over 150 schools, more than 71,000 students and around 10,000 staff, we are a thriving community of communities.
Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning, and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching and learning. At the heart of all we do are our core values of empathy, curiosity, excellence, collaboration and truth.
About Our School
All Saints Catholic College is an integral part of the SCS community. As a co-educational K-12 dual campus, our College has been formed by the amalgamation of the three All Saintsâ€™ schools across two sites, Liverpool and Casula, with an enrolment of 2100 students across the K-12 community.
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Personal Assistant to the Dean of Operations K-10 and Dean of Mission K-12 with an initiative to provide a high level of professional and personal support. The role requires a sophisticated level of interpersonal, organisational and communication skills and will appeal to a flexible and adaptable person who has the ability to take initiative and be sensitive to the needs of the College community when providing support.
The successful applicant is responsible for a range of administrative and secretarial functions, including telephone, reception, and liaison with staff, parents, students and the wider community.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Providing a range of executive administrative support services, including routine correspondence, meeting and event coordination, and records management to support the effective operation of the Deans’ office
- Demonstrating integrity in the management of highly confidential information
- Extensive scheduling management, including organisation of appointments, prioritisation of meetings, preparation of pre-meeting papers, follow up of actions, coordination of guests and necessary paperwork
- Work autonomously with minimal direction within set deadlines and timeframes
- Interact positively with a helpful and cooperative approach to parents, students and staff
- Provide high level administrative and technical support to the Deans
- Helping prepare for meetings both face-to-face and remote/virtual
- Accurately recording minutes from meetings
- Provide a welcoming and positive attitude in all dealings and tasks
To be considered for the role, the successful candidate must demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and expertise:
- Minimum 5 years experience in administration/as an Assistant to a mid-senior level executive.
- Valid Working With Children Check clearance (WWC) number.
- Advanced level of computer literacy including Word, Excel, Google platform and Compass
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated personal initiative and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities and responsibilities with high attention to detail
- Ability to work within a Catholic faith-based environment
The successful candidate will possess the ability to respond to sensitive issues with discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
We are excited about welcoming the right candidate into our college and the All Saints community. If you wish to apply, please email a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role, along with a resume to: [email protected]