People Services Consultant
Job Location: Perth CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
Level 5/6: $90,047 to $114,590
We are seeking an People Services Consultant to contribute to our overall purpose of looking after our members’ super with excellence and improving the long-term super benefits of our members.
About the role
This role sits within our People and Business Services team and reports to our Senior Manager, People and Business Services. As part of the position, our People Services Consultant will:
- Deliver and contribute towards the implementation of a broad range of people services specifically in wellness, safety & health and accessibility initiatives .
- Provides a contemporary approach to the delivery of consultancy on people management across GESB .
- Liaises with government agencies such as the Public Sector Commission, Equal Opportunity Commission, Disability Services Commission and the Insurance Commission of WA.
At GESB, we have over 80 years’ experience managing the super savings of current and former WA public sector employees. With around 240,000 members and $35 billion in funds under management (as at 30 June 2021), we’re the largest super fund in WA and one of the largest in Australia.
Visit gesb.wa.gov.au/aboutus for more information.
As an employer, we offer attractive employee benefits. As part of this:
- We encourage professional development through training, events and other on and off-the-job opportunities
- We provide options for flexible hours and leave arrangements to support work life balance. This includes opportunities for part-time and home-based work and an employee assistance program
- We recognise we have a special responsibility to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and have formalised our commitment in our Reconciliation Action Plan
- We’re continually prioritising accessibility to give our GESB members, staff, partners and the wider community the opportunity to access our online services and information, regardless of their ability, location, or technology
Our values are at the centre of everything we do, so if you’re successful in this role, you’ll put our members first. You’ll also be guided by our other values of sustainable performance, achieving together and acting with integrity. You’ll have:
- Substantial knowledge and experience in workplace safety, development and management of disability and accessibility plans and a good knowledge and application of relevant employment legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge in developing and reviewing policy and procedures related to people management and wellness
- Demonstrated capability in preparing and presenting papers to the Executive team
We support a diverse and inclusive work environment as well as equal employment opportunities. We recognise that unique perspectives, ideas and contributions help to strengthen and build our team.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people of culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disability to apply.
Apply for the role
To apply for this role please submit your application, including all essential documents, by following the instructions of the careers page at gesb.wa.gov.au/careers.
Please note, applications close at 5pm on Friday, 3 December 2021.
If you have any questions or need help submitting your application, please call Gus Dhillon on 08 6551 7743, or email [email protected].