Patient Billing & Accounts Officer
Job Location: Adelaide
Employer: Paediatrics at Burnside
Patient Billing & Accounts Officer for Private Paediatric Specialist Practice
We are looking for someone with the right skills and character to fit in well with our hardworking, results-focused, friendly and tight-knit community of admin staff and doctors. The right applicant will join our core administrative team to deliver consistently high-quality administration services to our paediatric specialist health care providers and to the children and their families in their care. As part of this core team, you will support and lead additional casual staff in delivering these services.
The successful applicant must have
- honesty, integrity and energy.
- empathy, sensitivity, ease and warmth in your communication and work with children and teenagers and their families.
- strong capacity for proactive management of your work in contributing to team outcomes.
- strong capacity for work in a digital environment with a range of sophisticated software.
- commitment to hard work and proactive self-directed learning and correct application of practice policy and procedure.
- commitment to excellence in service delivery.
- ability to adapt easily and quickly to change.
- strong competency in English and highly effective verbal and written communication.
- valid South Australian Working With Children Check or ability to obtain one.
Our practice provides specialist health care for medical, developmental and behavioural concerns in children from birth to late adolescence. The successful applicant should be interested in growing a career in health administration and management. They will also be someone who wants to make a positive difference to the lives of our patients, their parents and our doctors and teammates each day.
We seek an immediate start on a part-time or full-time basis (0.8-1.0 FTE) paid at or above the Award rate, in line with the experience and skills of the successful candidate.
Our rooms are located in the inner eastern and inner northern suburbs of Adelaide and you may be required to work across both clinics. You may also be able to work from home on agreement with management.
- Invoicing families for newborn care in hospital (Medicare and ECLIPSE billing to private health insurance funds).
- Dealing with Medicare Bulk Billing and ECLIPSE exceptions.
- Liaising with management, Medicare and private health insurance funds to resolve any billing queries or issues.
- Applying practice policies to follow up outstanding patient accounts.
- Receipting online and direct deposit payments.
- Supporting other staff to bill correctly according to practice fee schedules and policies, as well as Medicare and private health insurance billing rules.
- Assisting with general reception & administrative tasks if required (including occasional light cleaning).
- Communication and liaison with practice team members, doctors and families in person, via phone, email and other messaging systems as per procedure.
- Carrying out all duties within patient & practitioner confidentiality requirements of the law and healthcare ethics and seeking direction where unclear or circumstances are not typical.
Highly desirable qualities:
- Medical billing, reception and/or administrative experience or another team, customer or client-oriented experience.
- Experience with ECLIPSE and private health insurance billing for inpatients.
- Knowledge of Genie medical software or similar.
- Tertiary education relevant to health administration, bookkeeping, business management, or similar.
To be considered, applicants must provide both:
- A letter specifically addressed to this advertisement and to our practice. We want to know why you would like to work at our practice specifically and why you think you would be a great candidate for this job.
- A succinct resume setting out a summary of work, education and other relevant experience on a timeline.
Applications through job posting only – please do not email it or try to submit separately. Applications close 11:59pm Friday 6 August 2021.