Patient Administration Manager
Job Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs
Employer: UnitingCare Health
Due to retirement, we’re seeking a new Patient Administration Manager to oversee patient support services at St Andrews War Memorial Hospital!
At St Andrewâ€™s War Memorial Hospital, we bring world-class health care to our patients and their families. Based in Brisbane city since 1958, weâ€™ve developed connections that go far beyond our home, occupying a unique place in the hearts and minds of our community. Whether our patients are local or from the furthest reaches of rural Queensland or other states, weâ€™re committed to providing the highest-quality care and support matched with first-class treatment results.
Specialising in complex health needs, weâ€™re leaders in: Cardiac services, Orthopaedics, Neurosurgery (including deep brain stimulation), Vascular surgery and Rehabilitation. By bringing together the finest medical experts, care and technology, weâ€™re able to deliver personalised care and world-class results.
Responsible for the quality of the service delivery and administrative support provided by the Patient Administration team across all Hospital administration functions, you will work collaboratively to manage, support, develop and coach your team, overseeing rostering and training requirements and ensuring quality customer service. You will also manage aspects of invoicing and billing, complaints, telephone and paging issues and requests.
An experienced and confident leader, you will bring a consultative approach, fostering a values-driven culture through strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative approach to team-work. You’ll exhibit strong organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise your workload and negotiate outcomes. You’ll demonsrate:
- Significant management experience in a large office situation, preferably within a hospital environment
- Specialist knowledge and experience within the private health industry
- Comprehensive understanding of clinical financial reporting systems, debtor procedures and knowledge of Medicare and health fund billing processes and functions
- Experience utilising SAP, Cerner and Trendcare
- Experience in the use of medical terminology at an intermediate level
What we offer:
Together with The Wesley Hospital, Buderim Private Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, we are part of UnitingCare, the largest not-for-profit provider of healthcare and community services in the state, and home to over 17, 000 employees and 9, 000 volunteers.
Our mission is to improve the health of individuals and their families. We differentiate ourselves by living out our values to optimise patient care and experience through committed and inspired leadership and the dedication of our people. We believe in rewarding and recognising our people through:
- Not-for-profit salary packaging options: allocate up to $15,900 of your pre-taxable income to everyday expenses, increasing take-home pay
- One-on-one support from pastoral care team & employee assistance programs
- Retail, Health Insurance and Gym Membership Discounts
- Access to non-taxable meal & entertainment card
- Hospital admissions discounts
- Additional paid parental leave, education leave & additional leave purchases.
- Discounted onsite parking
- Flexible work environments, including family-friendly rostering
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to be taken to our online application process.
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at UnitingCare Queensland, individuals are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and UnitingCare’s vaccination requirements policy, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations.
Our approach is simple â€“everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Enquiries: Justin Howe
Applications Close: 07/12/2021