Pathology Collectors – Eastern Suburbs Sydney
Job Location: Sydney Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
Employer: KE Select
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENTS AVAILABLE
Covid-19 Community Care
Specimen collectors required to join a rapid response team of collectors and data entry medical staff in various Eastern locations throughout Sydney.
Hours of work will cover all 7 days varying from 7:30am – 6:30pm. Overtime rates will apply on weekends.
Contracts are allocated on a casual basis.
The role will involve the following duties;
- Collection of swab samples from patients (ages 5yrs+)
- Attending to the care, storage and processing of Swab specimens
- Ability to work alone and participate as part of the team.
- Attend to paperwork and associated clerical duties to ensure all details are correct
- Accurately record information relating to patients and specimen
- Compliance and adherence with policies and procedures, and Workplace Health and Safety procedures;
- Ensure the housekeeping and stock supplies at Collection centres is maintained to acceptable standards
- Fully compliant with COVID-19 based work health and safety practises.
- Full PPE will be provided
Successful candidates may be required to attend a paid training and induction sessions before commencing on site to align with the providers minimum standards and requirements.
To be considered for this role, you must possess:
- Available at least 2 days per week Monday to Sunday and committed to immediate deployment to sites during peak times
- Previous experience in a specimen collection based role (blood or swab collections essential)
- High standards in Infection Control and PPE Processes
- Ability to communicate effectively with Collections team, referring Doctors, Patients and other Stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding and dedication to patient care and service delivery standards
- A Certificate III in Pathology
- Ability to be an active member of the team
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to understand and ensure compliance with WH&S policies and guidelines to maintain and a safe and healthy workplace
- Reliable and consistency is paramount in the assignment
If you meet the above criteria and available to commence immediately with your own transport, we want to hear from you! Please click apply now
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview