Pastoral Practitioner – Part Time in Tumut NSW
Job Location: Wagga Wagga & Riverina
Employer: Uniting NSW & ACT
With generous salary packaging benefits
At Uniting, we take real steps to make the world a better place. Our services are in the areas of aged care, disability, child and family, community services, Chaplaincy and Pastoral Practice. We actively engage with social justice issues and advocate for the people we serve.
Our focus, as the community services arm of the Uniting Church in Australia, is always on the people we serve, no matter their stage or challenge in life. Our range of supports and services are designed in collaboration with, and around the needs and hopes of, people in everyday community life.
This is a role within the Mission team and provides meaningful pastoral care services to people in our care across Uniting. This role is focused on using the values of Uniting and principles which are culturally relevant, age appropriate and sensitive to the needs of those receiving our services.
As a Pastoral Practitioner your role will:
- Contribute towards the efficiency and effectiveness of the Pastoral care team
- Engage in effective and nurturing relationship management;
- Maintain continual professional, personal and spiritual development;
- Maintain effective and appropriate documentation and reporting.
- Applications close – Sunday 12 December 11:59 PM
- One or more units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) or equivalent.
- Relevant pastoral or theological study.
Your experience ticks the following boxes:
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in, working with teams across a large, complex , church or non-for-profit organisation
- Understanding of pastoral and spiritual needs relating to those receiving services across Uniting
- Demonstrated empathy and affinity with vulnerable people
- Demonstrated understanding of the distinctions between Religion and Spirituality.
- Basic understanding of different faiths, including Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Sikhism
- Highly effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including moderate computer skills
- A demonstrated passion for social change and contributing to an organisation of influence for the most disadvantaged
- Graduate qualification in relevant discipline
Please refer to the comprehensive Position Description by clicking the link below.
For all enquiries please email Talent Acquisition Specialist â€“ Uniting NSW & ACT on [email protected]
Benefits & culture
Uniting is proud to be an EEO employer. Uniting supports an inclusive approach in the workplace. We celebrate our diversity and welcome staff regardless of ethnicity, faith, sexual orientation, gender identity, and lifestyle choices. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Employment with Uniting is subject to satisfactory background checks which may include a national police check, reference checks, and working with children checks.